Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 78505 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: [WIP] Monster Hunter In Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:19 am »

Fought a kelbi. Took me a really long time to kill it and when it was all done, I had 50 hooves. Dunno if that's the way it's supposed to go. :p

Haven't found any monsters yet T_T

found the bug, actually the entire kelbi was made out of hooves (!!) due to a forgotten "[" in [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]. Fixed in next release. No, it wasn't that, still made entirely of hooves... I'm looking for the error now!

you... are... god.....

thanks a lot :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:32:35 am by Iados »

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 05:04:50 am »

Released v 0.3.4!

As Adventurer you can craft now weapons from monster hunter:
-Sword and Shield = A small sword, very light but it hasn't any blunt attack. Obviously, as the name says, it's always used with a small shield
-Dual Swords = a pair of swords like the one from the Sword and Shield. Very fast!
-Great Sword = HUGE and slow sword, you must multigrasp it. Naturally can inflict heavy damage
-Longsword = Think about a katana. Very good at slashing but not at stabbing. Lacks blunt attacks.
-Switch axe = From MH3, an axe and a sword combined. Multigrasped
-Hammer = Huge hammer, slow to attack but very powerful. Multigrasped
-Hunting horn = A lighter hammer. In MH you can play with it and the music gives powerup... But since in DF is impossible to do that, you can use it to launch deadly notes made of random metals. In two words, Death Metal :)
-Bow = the same as DF. Just made the reaction to create it.
-Lance = Long and good at stabbing. Not very powerful, but always crafted with a shield.
-Gunlance = Half gun, half lance. It doesn't fire projectiles, the shot is a melee attack.
-Light Bowgun = a bit more powerful than a crossbow, fires very small shots.
-Heavy Bowgun = Bigger, more powerful, but multigrasped bowgun.

Also, Khezu: this wyvern is likely to ambush you in caverns, swamps, and mountains. Fixed the Kelbi bug (evidently the game doesn't like { [PET] } as a token (the {} were put by the Lazy Newb Pack exe when i removed exotics :) )

Next update: something HUGE. Believe me, it will be HUGE

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 08:18:49 am »

Lau shun lung from mh1?

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 11:31:02 am »

Lau shun lung from mh1?

This. And also another BIGGER thing :)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »

Plesioth? Or do you already have that?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

Plesioth? Or do you already have that?
That already in. I think it might be ether the Fatalis or Raviente
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 01:11:35 am »

Oh. Well I'm guessing either Barioth or Nargacuga (sp?). Those might not be as big as what he intends, though...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:19 am »

Fast update is fast!

First, the small Kirin, forget to add it in the previous release.

Second, Raviente! This huge, tusked serpent has 10 zeros of body size. And he can throw rocks at you. And naturally most of his hits will send dwarves flying.

Third, the Lao-Shan Lung, a gigantic dragon. Normally is smaller than a Raviente (7 zeros)...
but i discovered a little fact: the Lungs you fight in the game are the babies! Check it here: Link
so, after a VERY long time (2000 years!) they reach their full size of 100000000000!!

Enough big? No! Next update will add Shen Gaoren, Akantor, and maybe some other Elder Dragons!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 11:32:26 am »

Fast update is fast!

First, the small Kirin, forget to add it in the previous release.

Second, Raviente! This huge, tusked serpent has 10 zeros of body size. And he can throw rocks at you. And naturally most of his hits will send dwarves flying.

Third, the Lao-Shan Lung, a gigantic dragon. Normally is smaller than a Raviente (7 zeros)...
but i discovered a little fact: the Lungs you fight in the game are the babies! Check it here: Link
so, after a VERY long time (2000 years!) they reach their full size of 100000000000!!

Enough big? No! Next update will add Shen Gaoren, Akantor, and maybe some other Elder Dragons!

......This will be Painful
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 01:36:18 pm »

Hmmm have been playing for two hours and only thing ive seen different is felynes. Is this a bug or am i just unlucky?
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 07:19:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure a lot of the more iconic monster hunter monsters are megabeasts/semi megabeasts.

Maybe some of the not-megabeasts are underground?

But yeah I haven't seen anything short of aptonoths and kelbis. I'm sure biomes affect this too.

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »

I actually genned a world with nothing but the creature_standard and wyvern files. The only things I saw were kelbi, the occasional mosswine, and maybe an aptonoth. Absolutely nothing else anywhere.

Even the quests only sent me after bandits and night creatures. I saw no wyverns of any kind. ever.

Made me sadface.
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 06:37:06 pm »

Maybe we could try making them have higher populations. Or check legends mode and see if any of the megabeast wyverns die from some unknown reason.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 09:30:12 pm »

Is it just me, or are there no population numbers in most of the wyvern raws? Or am i juat being an idiot again?  :-\
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:47 am »

Yeeeeeah, there's population numbers for a couple, but not for all. I'm not exactly a modding pro, so I don't know what to do.  ???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17