Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 78632 times)

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Monster Hunter In Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 12:32:23 am »

Well, i added pops to everything and i have alot more history with many more of the species than there were. i have even found some wild popo in adventure mode, sttill looking for the wyvern populations.... I may try some more SCIENCE aswell and just set all of the min pops to somthing horendously high  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 07:16:45 am »

thanks a lot i totally forget about the [POPULATION_NUMBER] token!

going to add it now!

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 10:33:50 am »

OK, update!

first of all, added the forgotten population tokens!

new creatures: Shen Gaoren is a giant crab. smaller than a Lao Shan.

Akantor is... this. He lives un caverns and magma.

For other modders, if you want to add Akantor-like fangs to another creature, add you can use [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUGE_FANGS:MATERIAL] where MATERIAL is the material you want to use (just remeber that the material will always be surrounded by the fang material ;) )

Also, 100 downloads!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 08:14:12 pm »

That's about to be 101 (or so). So far, looks great!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 11:59:03 am »

Hey, I'm finally seeing velocipreys and such around, and I got a quest to kill a Cephalos. Nice. They're showing up now.

However there is one thing I would like to ask: Would it be possible to make this more compatible with the Wanderer's mod? At the moment, skin and scales don't seem to work right when tanned and cleaned, and you can't make gut thread using any of the wyvern creatures.

I'm not entirely sure what the conflict is, but it's preventing me from making Velociprey scale armor and other such fun. The bones work just fine, but the hides won't tan.

Would it be possible to fix that?
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2011, 08:49:26 am »

i took a look at the mod: it uses creature variation tokens for tanning scales and drying guts.

You can add them to the creatures if you want. Or just wait for the next release, i'm adding right now leather crafting!

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: [WIP] Monster Hunter Universe
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 05:32:37 am »

UPDATE! No creatures this time: More Crafting!!

Skin can be tanned in leather and then used to make armor. If you want to use scales, you need to add  [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER] at the default scale template. I included this thing in the installation instruction :)

Second, who remember about this?
Next update: poison for arrows in adventure mode! naturally this will also introduce some MH plants like Nitroshroom or Sleep Herb!
Well, i found this awesome mod, and i need to thanks a lot the author (CrimsonEon)! Finally advenurers can use Bows and Crossbows with poison ammo.

How it works.
4 new plants: Toadstool, Nitroshroom, Parashroom and Sleep herb.
You can't pick up herbs normally in adventure mode, so i made a reaction that gives you some of this plant. Then you need a green glass vial (craftable for free).
At this point, combine one of the plant with the vial. This will give you a --- coating vial, where --- is the effect of the vial.
Toadstool -> Poison (necrosis)
Nitroshroom -> Power (fire)
Parashroom -> Paralysis
Sleep Herb -> Sleep

The vial does nothing alone, but you can combine it with an arrow or a bolt to coat it with the poison (this will also give you back the empty vial). Now, SHOOT!

Finally, Changed the mod name to Monster Hunter Universe!

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 06:00:07 pm »

Awesome! but what about the monsters from the other part of minegarde? (tri and mhp3rd monsters)

do you plan to add these to the mod?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »

They'll most likely be coming along later down the line.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: [WIP] Monster Hunter Universe
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »

It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's a bird UPDATE!!

Remobras are like flying snakes. And they spit poison.
Ceanataurs are like Hermitaurs, but they live in caverns and swamps. The Shogun Ceanataur is a bigger Ceanataur.

I also expanded color variations: now they are different castes. So far there are only Rathalos (normal, azure, silver), Rathian (normal, pink, gold) and Shogun Ceanataur (normal and terra).

Lastly, added two new leathers: wyvern leather, createb by tanning skin and scales from rathalos, khezus, etc, is 10 times better than normal. Draconic leather is made from elder dragons, shen gaorens, etc, and is equivalent to steel (but lighter).

Next Step: More color variation, Yama Tsukami, Fatalis, and MH metals!!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »

You could make a caste for Raths so that they have a 1:1000 chance of dropping a plate to properly simulate the angst of Monster Hunter.

I love MH, actually messed around with the idea of making a mod a while ago too, but Touhou called for me, and I didn't know how I'd want the weapons to work.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:58:14 pm by Patchouli »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »

to be fair although i havnt tested them in this mod yet, i'd make a gun lance use the crossbow cast, only it does [PIERCE] instead of blunt, and the ammo would be a generic bullet with something like a velocity of 300 and a fire force of 330 or something like that
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 01:11:12 am »

CURSE YOU AND YOUR FAST UPDATES GRAAAAH
Just kidding, but really, it's kinda getting annoying genning one world and then poof! New update means I have to regen. Got a solution?

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:11 am »

CURSE YOU AND YOUR FAST UPDATES GRAAAAH
Just kidding, but really, it's kinda getting annoying genning one world and then poof! New update means I have to regen. Got a solution?

don't worry, new updates will be bigger and slower :)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod V 0.3.8
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 12:24:35 pm »

can't... wait.... I... must.... update!!

UPDATE TO v0.4!!!

new things:

-Yama Tsukami, a giant flying octopus.

-Fatalis! A very powerful black dragon, and has 2 color variations: crimson, with dragonfire breath, magma-secreting scales and glowing; and white, with power over electricity!

-Metals!! In MH metals follows a progression "A is better than B, that is better than C" etc..., so i took some freedom in modding them
--Union: this pink metal is totally useless by itself... but you can combine it with a bar of any other metal to duplicate the second. In other words: 1 union + 1 anymetal --> 2 anymetal. Found in small clusters
--Dragonite: a green metal, can't be used for armors. Is light, so is better using it for edge weapons. Found in veins.
--Carbalite: the opposite of dragonite, good for armors. Is found in veins. Purple colored!
--Eltalite: a rare ore, found in clusters of one inside union. Better than steel, but worse than adamantine. Red, like Armok's favourite liquid

-Color variations: copper blangonga, red khezu, black tigrex and rusted kushala daora!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17