Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 77730 times)

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »

I've been thinking about how to make the gunlance. I've taken the liberty of making a small mockup of what it might be like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All the number are pretty arbitrary and based roughly on other weapons.

note: Since blunt weapons and edge weapons depend on different material properties for effectiveness I might suggest making a metal with properties that is effective for both blunt and edge weapons.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:16:53 pm by irdsm »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

^_^ let the blood for the blood god flow

also epic battles in he skies between rath pairs and giant eagles and batmen hehe
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Mandango

• Bay Watcher
  • mayor cancels Destroy Building: Resting injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »

love what you're doing, I'd just like to maybe ask if you could edit your first post to have something of a guide/wiki in case we forget which metals/bones do what, etc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:15:21 am by Mandango »
Don't forget to check that a live puppy not falling to his doom will also set off such a plate of course.
I'm not sure if I follow the logic here.  So... how do we kill the puppies?

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 08:16:03 am »

I've been thinking about how to make the gunlance. I've taken the liberty of making a small mockup of what it might be like

All the number are pretty arbitrary and based roughly on other weapons.

note: Since blunt weapons and edge weapons depend on different material properties for effectiveness I might suggest making a metal with properties that is effective for both blunt and edge weapons.

good idea... changing gunlance in this way, with attack numbers changed a bit.

Also, a little look at a thing that will take a LOOOOOONG time to complete: a tileset!

As you can see, i'm trying to substitute the normal characters of DF with the item icons of MH.
Actually, it sucks, especially the stones (tried to use armor sphere icon), but when it will become good enough i'll release it :)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 04:47:32 pm »

Keep up the good work :D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »

bump
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »

finally, new update! was busy with a very important and dwarfish thing :)

In this update i added descriptors ("his scales are blablablab" etc) and color varitions to all creatures. It was very boring, this is why it took so long to complete :P

Changed the kushala's wind from a breath attack to a secretion: now you can stop the wind by breaking the horns, like in MH!

Changed Dragonite to be a metal good for all kind of weapons (not only edge)

Every creature now has working child and baby tags! For this, removed hermitaurs and ceanataurs as creatures, but child daimyos/shoguns are now named like them

Changed sizes, according to the in-game ones: MH size x1000 for every creature except 'preys (MH size x100). This means creatures are more similar in size... and generally bigger.

Fixed some little bugs with reactions: missing bone axes and sword, a test reaction i left in for mistake, and fixed a wrong name.

Lastly, a surprise creature!! Search for it in deserts, mountains and forests (or check the raws if you are lazy)

P.s.: removed also the "Run copy_files.bat" in the installation instruction... was thinking of an auto installer but i completely failed.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.1
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2011, 11:26:23 pm »

Good mod so far.

Don't forget the Kelbidrome.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 12:51:26 am »

Good mod so far.

Don't forget the Kelbidrome.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 01:59:50 am »

re-uploaded the file, the "surprise creature" had a little naming error :)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:29 pm »

i'm guessing a nargacuga or copper barrioth? ;)

talrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 01:20:01 pm »

Mr. Surprise needs a frill!    ;D

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:53 am »

three little things to say:

1. Next update will add all the remaining monsters up to Monster Hunter Freedoom Unite!

2. The surprise creatures of the last update are

3. Shameless Bump :P

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »

Oh, so that's what they were. I thought they would be somewhat more rare, because most of my starting 7 dwarfs had at least one bit of
leather clothes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »

wow this will make things brutal in adventure mode

me like this

also i sugest you add things from 3

because you can never have too many things wanting to kill you  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:28:51 pm by uber pye »
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17