Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]  (Read 9387 times)

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 08:26:54 am »

just had a war-dog kill a plains-titan out of mud. it's unharmed.
but sadly, this way i couldn't try my new defence-system  ::)

Larry421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51:50 am »

The mayor is still the mayor, however, and still can't put any of his items away without his arms. As long as democracy works, I can't bring myself to bring the cancel spam to a merciful end. He kinda reminds me of a 40d cat trying to put things into stockpiles.  :)

My mayor is also armless. I'm wondering if it's possible to mod dwarves to grasp with their mouths, just so she can finally Store Owned Item.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 09:56:38 am »

One of my soldiers got his arm torn off by an ettin, but he's still serving in the military. I like to imagine that he's doing it to protect his family, which warms my heart  :)

Shame he'll most likely die a horrific death due to the missing arm.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 09:57:50 am »

My mayor is also armless. I'm wondering if it's possible to mod dwarves to grasp with their mouths, just so she can finally Store Owned Item.

Adding [GRASP] to mouth does the trick, I'd imagine.

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 10:18:51 am »

One of my soldiers got his arm torn off by an ettin, but he's still serving in the military. I like to imagine that he's doing it to protect his family, which warms my heart  :)

It will be a hero's death. Fighting bravely to the end, even with a missing arm. He and his family should be well rewarded on his death. As a testament of the Dwarven spirit!
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 12:12:27 pm »

Depends, really. My militia commander lost his hand very early on, and when I abandoned after 15-odd years, he was still both enrolled and alive. I rather like to think of it as one less limb that can be stabbed, and therefore, one less limb susceptible of causing OMFGPAINimmapassoutnao.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

My militia commander went into a martial trance and killed 7 werewolves.
He more or less saved my fortress. When i saw his injuries, and saw he had a mortal wound, i started making a GIANT tomb.

Next thing i know, i see that the dwarf has struck down a spider. Guess he healed!!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2011, 11:57:57 am »

ZOMBIE ETTIN.
BEST ZOMBIE EVER.
CAVALRY, CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2011, 12:37:46 pm »

I a few months ago had the commander of my army decked out in all artifact armor and wepons and such except i never bothered to give him hand coverings of any sort so later during a goblin seige his hand got cut off and he mauled the goblins to death with his stubby arms  before retireing to teach other dwarfs how to fight for about a year before dieing from the infection he got in his missing hands

\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:42 am »

Similarly, though less impressive, I had a Dwarf with no skill in ambushing hunting because I had run, practically, out of food. Most shots were so miss that they didn't even count as misses in the combat reports but when he finally hit it was in the throat of a deer, causing it to gout blood and die two steps later. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]