Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Police Quest...  (Read 2804 times)

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Police Quest...
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:01:54 am »

I was looking for a similar game like the police quest series but it seems there is no other game out there with a similar realistic police/FBI setting? (Yeah, I know the SWAT series)
"No matter what you or anyone else does, there will be someone who says that there's something bad about it. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, "Oh, you can't do that..."

-Tom Clancy

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Police Quest...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:26 am »

Man, i'm 100% that i had an overhead tactical police type one on DVD, but can't for the life of me remember what it's called...i'll try looking through all my disks.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:04 am »

There's always Emergency 2012 and it's predecessors, but they really are irredeemably shit.

If that doesn't float your boat, Police Force is pretty much the pinnacle of PC gaming.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:44:13 am »

@lordcooper: have you played it? It got pretty terrible ratings in a game magazine...
"No matter what you or anyone else does, there will be someone who says that there's something bad about it. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, "Oh, you can't do that..."

-Tom Clancy

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:35 am »

Have you bothered to read the article?  ;D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 04:59:57 am »

There's a game called Police Force. It's terribly boring though, at least in my opinion.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:01:23 am »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:46 am »

If you liked police quest, you might like KGB, a 1992 adventure game, set in perestroika era USSR, where the events requred to solve puzzles are all timed (you have to be there at a certain time, or you miss it) and the character's names are unpronounceable (so I'm told- being of Eastern European descent, I had no trouble). Still it's a fairly realistic FBI-like setting.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:43:42 am »

thx. that looks quite interesting...

-Tom Clancy

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I saw no brain in that pic.

are you saying you have no brain?
Think of the children!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 09:22:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I saw no brain in that pic.

are you saying you have no brain?
Think of the children!
Screw the children! I'm thinking of morbid curiosity that holds no bounds!
I must know what is within his head if I am to shrink myself, climb into his ear and take control of him!

I'm hardly going to tell you now.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 05:48:47 pm »

There's a game called Police Force. It's terribly boring though, at least in my opinion.
This game is great. Despite being set in Germany, you can be the most dickish cop ever and not get reprimanded. Rioters with bats? Shoot them to death. Minorities with expensive cars? Pepper spray them and have them taken away. Don't drive over civilians though, unless you want your shift to end.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

Game called Blue Force, made by a former Police Quest designer and Tsunami games. Old, dos, and most likely impossible to find, but I have... memories of that game... Perhaps not good ones... but memories nonetheless.