Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rebuild - Zombie Management/Strategy Survival Game  (Read 23658 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuild - Zombie Management/Strategy Survival Game
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 08:21:13 pm »

I dunno, the difficulty levels give a fair bit of replayability. My first runthrough (on Normal, IIRC), I won handily, clearing out the portal before winning by research ("Huh, only one food tech left to research. May as well retrain the rest of my scientists..." "...oh. There's more. Well, back to school with you!").

I don't think the game has that much replayability but it doesn't really need to. It is good for what it is and what it is is a rather fun time waster for a few hours.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »

Huzzah, Version two is out.

And after clearing out impossible mode with super-expansion spam and a firm backline of police stations,

Only then do I realize I had harsh language off -.-.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »

Huzzah, Version two is out.

And after clearing out impossible mode with super-expansion spam and a firm backline of police stations,

Only then do I realize I had harsh language off -.-.

Unfortunately I am in the oppinion that... The first was better.

There are some genuin improvements in Rebuild 2... but those come at the expense of sillyness and comedy.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:28 pm »

To me the biggest problem with 2 is just that it doesn't feel like a sequel, just a reskin. :/

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 12:12:19 am »

To me the biggest problem with 2 is just that it doesn't feel like a sequel, just a reskin. :/

And a silly one at that...

At first I was going "Ohh awsome I can see the characters now!" and then I saw how goofy some of them looked and I went "ohh... I can see the characters now... awsome"

The original blended its sillyness with context quite well. This one however, just doesn't. The second I got the "Cat" which somehow makes my characters better at EVERYTHING... The game was broken.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 02:18:43 am »

I liked when I accepted a book that was being written in my colony...
At first I was, Yeah sure, go on and write that book. Cool Bonus to Happiness...
Oh you want to use that church to preach, surely that can't go wrong... Yay more happiness...
Oh The Rifts think your a Cult. NAH you can't be. Fuck of Rifts... YAY MORE HAPPINESS!!!!
Hmmmm... Someone died, jumped the walls? OH he is one of the Chosen Ones... Hmmm, you say your celebrating but I lose happiness... New Day
ANOTHER JUMPED THE WALLS??? IT WAS ONLY A DAY!!! New Day
AGAIN!!! New Day
FUCK!!! New Day
FIX THAT COPTER!!! New Day
FUCK!!! New Day
FUCK!!! New Day
FUCK!!! New Day
GAH STOP JUMPPING THE WALLS!!!! New Day
STOP!!! New Day
NO!!! New Day
SHUT UP!!! New Day
Copter escape...

Oh I AM SO NOT LETTING THAT BOOK PASS PUBLISHING NEXT TIME!!!

I kid you not. I had over 60 people living in my city, all nice and cozy... THEN BOOM... Mass Suicide...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 02:35:18 am »

I actually managed to beat the game while the suicide cult was active. (actually the worst aspect is less the suicide. You could actually keep up with the deaths... It is the fact that they essentially "party" for every suicide).

It was annoying and frankly I thought the game was going to pay off in some way for letting it go all the way through. Apperantly not. In fact when I stopped playing it wasn't because I was going to lose but because it made the game so unbearable.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:36:53 am by Neonivek »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 09:41:07 am »

I actually managed to beat the game while the suicide cult was active. (actually the worst aspect is less the suicide. You could actually keep up with the deaths... It is the fact that they essentially "party" for every suicide).

It was annoying and frankly I thought the game was going to pay off in some way for letting it go all the way through. Apperantly not. In fact when I stopped playing it wasn't because I was going to lose but because it made the game so unbearable.
yeah seems like one of those D-moves the game throws at you at the beginning of the game, and it's not even random just scripted D-move the player has to dodge there no risk or reward more so a long on going penalty for accepting. Good thing once I haven't reach the deaths in my first town but when I read that newspaper about suicide cult I pack up my bags and move out of the town with 5 lvl 10 survivors. I wonder if there is a medal for having your PC max out on every skill?

so any one found out what happens if you accept that scientist? I didn't want to stick around for long but it seems Rebuild 2 just Rebuild :dead frontier edition "Now with choices that hurt you more so than help so better off say NO to every thing."
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:06 am »

The Pattern for the Scientist Ending...

Accept Him.
Give him an Assistant.
Wait for him to talk about a hoard and then do a mission where a Hoard will pass through...
(Forgotten something here)
BOOM the lab blows up, lose the scientist and the assistant and the Lab becomes "Infected' and removed from colony.
Recapture.
Accept the Mission.
DISCOVER THE CURE FOR ZOMBIES!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31:43 pm »

The suicide cult, for me, didn't jump the walls.
They kept rubbing zombie blood on their wounds or some stuff like that.
I eventually had to accept to shut them down.
You guys are right, completely unbearable.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »

You can get away with letting the book be published and get the happiness boost from that, and people won't go around killing themselves if you then refuse to let them preach.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 01:36:01 pm »

1st time I got them, let them have the church, it was b-movie instinct or something, I stopped em after the next action or 2 and then was never bothered again.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 02:06:38 pm »

Wait, theres a 2nd game out? I'm still playing the first one.. found it a few hours ago and I'm trying to survive Nightmare.  Shits tough..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 02:08:07 pm »

Wait, theres a 2nd game out? I'm still playing the first one.. found it a few hours ago and I'm trying to survive Nightmare.  Shits tough..

The second is probably easier.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 03:16:05 pm »

Yea, it might be, but I want to beat the first one on Nightmare first.  I'm doing fairly well so far, I have two police stations, a mall, and an 'all-mart' barricaded, so my defenses are pretty strong along with 3 soldiers on guard.  I'm trying to secure more space and get more people and a school so I can have even more soldiers.  Food isn't a huge issue at the moment, its them damn zombies
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5