Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Rebuild - Zombie Management/Strategy Survival Game  (Read 23657 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuild - Zombie Management/Strategy Survival Game
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 04:33:42 pm »

Entertaining. I took the graveyard (I think I had a 10:1 ratio when it came to soldier xD), took city hall, cured Zombieism.

Makes me want to write a book...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:52 pm »

The second is probably easier.

The second one is much easier.

* Success percentages are actually accurate now. In the original, the numbers shown are screen were base percentages prior to being adjusted for difficulty level. So you might see 10% danger, but actually have a 50% danger level.
 * Survivors can gain skill in each profession with use, and don't lose points. There's no "changing" profession like in the first one, so you can effectively train everyone to be a soldier.
 * After you beat the game you can transport 5 characters into a new city. Starting a new game with 5 survivors with all skills maxed makes the higher difficulties much easier.
 * There is a save feature. Though the RNG is deterministic, so if you save/reload and do the same thing, you'll get the same results each time.

I want to beat the first one on Nightmare first

On kongregate, over 400,000 people have played Rebuild. Of those, 250,000 beat the game. fewer than 10,000 beat it on either of the top two difficulty levels. And that's including people who hacked the game or copied savefiles.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 04:55:01 pm »

...2?

11pm...

LET'S GO!
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 05:23:47 pm »

The second is probably easier.

The second one is much easier.

* Success percentages are actually accurate now. In the original, the numbers shown are screen were base percentages prior to being adjusted for difficulty level. So you might see 10% danger, but actually have a 50% danger level.
 * Survivors can gain skill in each profession with use, and don't lose points. There's no "changing" profession like in the first one, so you can effectively train everyone to be a soldier.
 * After you beat the game you can transport 5 characters into a new city. Starting a new game with 5 survivors with all skills maxed makes the higher difficulties much easier.
 * There is a save feature. Though the RNG is deterministic, so if you save/reload and do the same thing, you'll get the same results each time.

I want to beat the first one on Nightmare first

On kongregate, over 400,000 people have played Rebuild. Of those, 250,000 beat the game. fewer than 10,000 beat it on either of the top two difficulty levels. And that's including people who hacked the game or copied savefiles.

Yea its stupidly hard thats for sure.  The second one DOES sound like a better game.. I'll go give it a shot.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 06:23:24 pm »

Oh The Rifts think your a Cult. NAH you can't be. Fuck of Rifts... YAY MORE HAPPINESS!!!!

I thought it was pretty obvious that they were going the death cult route at this point.  When people start saying that the zombies are the chosen ones, it isn't too hard to see which side they want to be on.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

I could never get proper supply lines working. No ammo would be available at the front and thus my whole operation would collapse out there if I couldn't find any sources of ammo.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »

I could never get proper supply lines working. No ammo would be available at the front and thus my whole operation would collapse out there if I couldn't find any sources of ammo.
What Rebuild are you playing?   ???
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 07:46:14 pm »

What Rebuild are you playing?   ???
Lolwhoops, wrong game. Disregard that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:03 pm »

Oh The Rifts think your a Cult. NAH you can't be. Fuck of Rifts... YAY MORE HAPPINESS!!!!

I thought it was pretty obvious that they were going the death cult route at this point.  When people start saying that the zombies are the chosen ones, it isn't too hard to see which side they want to be on.

Yeah but it kinda goes a bit far. Heck I knew it was a death cult but I thought there would be something more to it, afterall it is Rebuild 2 and I could see them having new systems for this, but nope... It is pretty much a "game over" in disguise.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:24 am »

I gotta say...

...I'm really enjoying this Dead Frontier game that's plastered all over Rebuild 2 as advertisement. It's a lot of fun :D
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:01 am »

...I'm really enjoying this Dead Frontier game that's plastered all over Rebuild 2 as advertisement. It's a lot of fun :D

Personally I lost interest when after ten real-time minutes of walking, I was only about halfway to my first quest. The "pick stats and skills and hope you guessed right and don't hopelessly cripple your character forever" aspect also didn't appeal to me.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 09:42:18 am »

Lol.. well, thats definitely an interesting thing to find in the school:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 02:56:11 pm »

Got a bunch of the endings on the 2nd hardest difficulty ending, everything cept the science one I think. Sent some dudes to a new city on the highest difficulty but havent bothered to win with them yet.

It wasnt very hard. I just constantly trained everyone as soldiers by sending as many non-maxed ones I could into kill missions without throwing the danger level above 10-15%. If you have beelined for a hospital, at that danger level you can practically just screw around and people will only be hurt, not killed. And if a horde appears, you just keep everyone home.

Food wasnt really a problem, as I could always just salvage it or quickly reclaim some farms, which were already being cleared by mobs of scientists who were extremely shitty at killing things.

Didnt use a school a single time.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »

The only use for the school is to train science from characters without any.

Otherwise it is useless. Heck it is useless if you have 5 scientists (4 if you already had the assistant chosen)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 03:49:40 pm »

You can use the school to train for the chopper mission.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5