Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Has Dwarf Fortress made you look more like a Dwarf?  (Read 4022 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Has Dwarf Fortress made you look more like a Dwarf?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:02 am »

I don't look good with a beard so I do shave but dwarf fortress has changed my opinion about fantasy worlds. I used to love elves.
Really? I've always disliked elves, never been REALLY partial to dwarves before DF, but I've always disliked elves, too arrogant for my tastes, and their almost always goody goody.
Other than likeing dwarves more it hasn't changed me.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 04:00:40 am »

Nope, at the age of 19 I have a slighty girly voice and I am incapable of growing a real beard. No more dwarfish then when I started, sorry.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 04:43:54 am »

My parents gave me ten socks for Christmas, and I was genuinely happy to get them.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 06:53:15 am »

Nope, at the age of 19 I have a slighty girly voice and I am incapable of growing a real beard. No more dwarfish then when I started, sorry.
I still have a high-pitched voice (for a bloke, anyway, and I'm 25). Still haven't tried growing a beard. Weight and height pretty much unchanged. Still don't like drinking.

Have got more interested in contraptions though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:56:23 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 11:16:10 am »

I'm starting to look more and more like my avatar.
Flattening the top of my head is the most painful part, and will take a while, still.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

luciensanchez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

Well, I need alcohol to get through the working day, but I suppose that's always been the case.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »

I was more of a coming home type of thing. Like being raised by elves not knowing why everyone was so damn killable...   dislikeable then finaly meeting other dwarves and having it all click.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Nah, I'm tall completely facial-hair-less and only sorta fat... I do get called an autistic neckbeard on occasion by my friend that has only heard of DF, though...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 01:18:32 am »

Tried growing a beard, but that kind of failed. I do have sideburns though... Dwarf Fortress has also had the side effect of making me say weird things that are only funny to people who know of dwarf fort. My ramblings of carp, socks, and those damn elves always seem funny to me and my friends, but to others I sound absolutely insane.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 03:04:55 am »

I'd like to think so. Not my physical appearance, but my emotional and psychological spiritual being-
God damn elves stealing my computer...
But no, I don't think I've changed physically because of Dwarf Fortress. However, it has made me want to grow a beard.
Also, I do feel more cynical and sinister, but that may just be me getting older. I think it's a bit of both.

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 04:23:07 am »

I don't look good with a beard so I do shave but dwarf fortress has changed my opinion about fantasy worlds. I used to love elves.
Really? I've always disliked elves, never been REALLY partial to dwarves before DF, but I've always disliked elves, too arrogant for my tastes, and their almost always goody goody.
Other than likeing dwarves more it hasn't changed me.

yeah I used to choose elves for the race I played in every game but now it is always a dwarf. I also see elves as highly sneaky backstabbers.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 04:40:26 am »

I used to think dwarves are one of the lamest fantasy races ever. Now I think they're awesome and by far the MANLIEST race.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 04:42:01 am »

Tried growing a beard, but that kind of failed. I do have sideburns though... Dwarf Fortress has also had the side effect of making me say weird things that are only funny to people who know of dwarf fort. My ramblings of carp, socks, and those damn elves always seem funny to me and my friends, but to others I sound absolutely insane.
I want to meet your friends.
くコ:彡

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:40 am »

I know it's an old topic, but my hair has grown since I first posted it. After having played Dwarf Fortress for several years... I now look like this.

But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:19 am »

It's gotten me thinking about growing out my hair again, and maybe making something like these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
over at here: http://bionic-dingo.deviantart.com/art/Pole-axe-hairsticks-revisited-120628345

8)
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3