Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tweak  (Read 4141 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Tweak
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:11:44 pm »

In order to get tweak working I need to rename it to what?
((I searched. After 3 pages I gave up.))
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

What is this 'tweak'?
くコ:彡

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:28:41 pm »

The old utility "Tweak" will not work until properly updated by the author for 2010DF.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »

The old utility "Tweak" will not work until properly updated by the author for 2010DF.
Yeah. Though there are some offsets from Andux that supposedly partially(only Tile Edit) work with 31.18.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:22:37 pm »

Yeah. Though there are some offsets from Andux that supposedly partially(only Tile Edit) work with 31.18.

I dude, wait a minute, you can actually get tweak's tile editing to work with .18? Nice. I honestly had no idea. *looks at offsets* this could take me a while to figure out. Anyone know how to make those work?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 11:58:05 pm »

tile edit was the main thing I was looking for. thanks!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »

Anyone know how to make those work?

Just unzip the whole thing in Tweak's folder--it should replace the old versions.xml and add all the 0.31.xx stuff under the versions subdirectory, unless your unzip utility is particulary crotchety.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 03:17:23 pm »

it "works" if you copy your Dwarf Fortress.exe and rename the copy dwarfort.exe (only 1 'f'!) but I can't figure out the tile editor.

well, that's a bummer.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

sweet, thanks!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

This sounds interesting. Although, I've only been playing for a few months so obviously both Gibbed's Dwarf Fortress Tweak and Rick's Tweak Utility are "before my time".

Question for Andux:
Are there any plans to update Adjust Profile in the near future to 31.19 and have it included in this new Tweak? All it does it alter starting skills. It was originally written to use Rick's Tweak Utility, which - if I'm not mistaken - was last updated over 3 years ago.

I'm sure I would not be alone in considering it useful to alter the skills of starting dwarves before Embark. One used to be able to adjust the skills of dwarves after Embark using Runesmith. However, the development of this tool has been stopped.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:23:39 am »

This sounds interesting. Although, I've only been playing for a few months so obviously both Gibbed's Dwarf Fortress Tweak and Rick's Tweak Utility are "before my time".
Yup.  Especially considering that Rick and Gibbed are the same person, and those two utilities are the same thing.  :P
Unfortunately, Rick/Gibbed doesn't stay with one thing for long --
I see his name all over the place these days, because he messes around with everything.
He wrote one of the original save editors for Borderlands, the original standalone executables for Transformice, etc..  I think he's doing stuff with Minecraft now, but I'm not sure.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Andux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 02:49:52 am »

Question for Andux:
Are there any plans to update Adjust Profile in the near future to 31.19 and have it included in this new Tweak?

Well, skills have been changed around a bit since that plugin was written, so it wouldn't be particularly usable even with updated offsets. :-\

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:51 am »

Question for Andux:
Are there any plans to update Adjust Profile in the near future to 31.19 and have it included in this new Tweak?

Well, skills have been changed around a bit since that plugin was written, so it wouldn't be particularly usable even with updated offsets. :-\
though I don't know if you know but For each tile seems to be partially working most of the functions don't work except for the removing the aquifer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:09 pm »

Question for Andux:

Anyway to get the "Pre-embark" adjustment part to work?  So we add more Dwarfs and Resources?
Pages: [1] 2