Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: I love duplicate raws.  (Read 23665 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I love duplicate raws.
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 09:05:57 pm »

Necro'd, but this is a cool thread so figured I would.

It appears all human-style civs are populated by FBs in this embark, and they wiped out all other races. This will be...intresting.

EDIT:

Ohgod... I was wrong. Elves have human professions and are in cities, goblins are using wooden gear. Hopefully humans don't show up with hammers and steel. and beards.

EDIT II:

Oh dear. I went into adventurer to investigate further, and it seems as the civs have done a big rotation with their creatures. Humans are living in mountainhomes. Gobbos with FOREST entity files, humans with MOUNTAIN, elves with PLAINS, and dwarves with EVIL.

EDIT III:

Oh, and my human adventurer is by default wearing chitin armor and fish tallow shoes O_O.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:27:59 pm by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:33 am »

Duplicated raws are just awesome like that :P

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2012, 12:07:38 pm »

I did this with merging generic DF with genesis so i could use lazy newb pack. I had all of types of vermin set as enemy civs, i was embarking as Ferric Elves (Fortress Defence race) with tame FBs, Bronze Colossi etc etc. I embarked and after a while i got to a point where i got invaded by an obscene amount of flies, pixies and various other vermin (Moghopper wrestlers, what the hell) and once my Colossi got into the fray it crashed. This invasion seemed to trigger a crash after a month or so regardless of what i did.

Hilarious.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »

what is randomner?

the method were you have another instance of the game running of the onew where you copy raws?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »

Oh god... I embarked with 7 pixies that live on forgotten beast meat and drink unknown substance liquid.
Unknown frozen substance is apparently some sort of wood or cloth, because my wagon is made of it. They are also wearing small leather clothing of various creatures and unknown frozen substance socks... Brrrr!

Their neighbors are goblins, werewolves and beak dogs. Pixies also can't seem to perform jobs that require grasping things, but I made them harvest some plants, but they don't actually get any plants from it.

Niceeeeeeee :D

Edit: It's still early spring, and one pixie became extremely unhappy because he talked to a grudge. She went insane and committed suicide in a nearby lake.

The other ones are happily fishing and pretending to gather herbs. The small dots even change colour according to their proffesion.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:16:19 pm by Muffindog »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »

'I feel uneasy'

A creature called a 'Cap Hopper' says '...'. I look around, and see a little flashing green dot on the ground in front of me. I go to describe the creature, and the game crashes.

Seems like some strange mutant vermin had great ambitions.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »

Item_tool
Creature_large_ocean
Creature_small_mammals

I duped the raws and got the bestest chunk of dupe raws I can find, besides adventurers spawning with forgotten beast (5) to eat.
I got a quite nice (and playable) race switch.

first we get the pyrony.

elves are fire imps, which makes them a bigger threat they were before

humans are giant moles, capable of feats like not opening a door

gobbos are giant cave spiders, I might farm the invaders for their silk

and dwarves are troglodytes, they can still do tasks, I can butcher them (HELL YEAH, BUTCHER TROG MCUSELESS), but I am forced  to hire this dwarven therapist to change their professions.

I am at war with all three of them. besides being mildly OGODIWILLDIE, this new fort is going around nicely

edit: militia is also there oyea
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:45:20 pm by raptorfangamer »
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

'I feel uneasy'

A creature called a 'Cap Hopper' says '...'. I look around, and see a little flashing green dot on the ground in front of me. I go to describe the creature, and the game crashes.

Dwarf Fortress creates an entire reality, a reality you just fucked with. This was no glitch, you tried to look at a thing from beyond existence and after you gazed at it's frightful symmetry  the game calculated it's paradoxical nature and angles that should not be it realized that the universe did not exist.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 09:53:27 pm »

Holy shit you just broke the fourth wall in DF

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

'I feel uneasy'

Dwarf Fortress creates an entire reality, a reality you just fucked with. This was no glitch, you tried to look at a thing from beyond existence and after you gazed at it's frightful symmetry  the game calculated it's paradoxical nature and angles that should not be it realized that the universe did not exist.

It's like Cthulhu had a baby with a mutant hybrid of Terry Prachett and Douglas Adams...AND THEN MADE A REALITY
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »

I dup'ed the INORGANIC_SOIL file. Now I have dirt that changes to another material roughly every 1/8 of a second.
Indeed.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 10:44:25 am »

Couldn't resist giving this a try.  :)  After editing my OS's 'copy of blah.txt' to 'blah - copy.txt' I embarked on a world where all the rock was called 'rock' (none of it useable, as it's not non-economic), and gems and metals rained from the sky. Think I changed 'inorganic_stone_gem.txt' for that one.  I tried another one and it crashed DF twice.  I have to get back to work now but hopefully I can try more later.  I want some wacky civs to embark as!  I've gotten dwarves so far. :)
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 11:23:09 pm »

After starting as an adventurer ogre, noting that the soil is cycling really trippy, cycling between all gemstones, I start running around.

I get ambushed by 2 unicorn spearmens and 2 dragons, one is flashing purple. The dragons breathe fire on me, but it turns out that a plaster shield is really effective at blocking dragon fire... the unicorns ,on the other hand, started melting.

Turns out that ogres wielding onyx shortswords are also pretty effective at killing dragons.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:07 pm »

I did body - default and Creature - small - ocean.

I ended up with:

civilization quirks:
Playing as Pixies
beak dogs, werewolves, and grimelings being hostile civilizations.

I am incapable of using tools, but all non-tool labors are functional.

I am able to build workshops and make things at them.

I think, since they are pixies, they are too small to use any tools.

So my idea is: build a trading depot, embark with some extra building materials, and make some stone crafts to sell to the caravan.

Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 12:01:00 am »

Item_tool
Creature_large_ocean
Creature_small_mammals

I duped the raws and got the bestest chunk of dupe raws I can find, besides adventurers spawning with forgotten beast (5) to eat.
I got a quite nice (and playable) race switch.

first we get the pyrony.

elves are fire imps, which makes them a bigger threat they were before

humans are giant moles, capable of feats like not opening a door

gobbos are giant cave spiders, I might farm the invaders for their silk

and dwarves are troglodytes, they can still do tasks, I can butcher them (HELL YEAH, BUTCHER TROG MCUSELESS), but I am forced  to hire this dwarven therapist to change their professions.

I am at war with all three of them. besides being mildly OGODIWILLDIE, this new fort is going around nicely

edit: militia is also there oyea

The elves burn their retreats down.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8