Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does the CCS on Nightmare mode and "We didn't start the fire" do anything?  (Read 2242 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

No, i am not kidding, on "nightmare" and "We didn't start the fire", the CCS would break into a Conservative building, Get shot to hell and back and pretty much assist the LCS

Seriously? what the hell?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Could you be more specific?

From my playthroughs, the CCS tends to be effective on "Nightmare" and "We didn't start the fire".  Although, note that the country starts out extremely conservative intially on "Nightmare" mode.  Thus, the successes of the CCS really can't make the country more conservative, because the country is already maxed out on conservatism.  Thus, only the failures of the CCS will effect public opinion in the first month or so of the game.

As the LCS fights the power, the successes of the CCS will reverse your gains.  Also, the CCS are usually tough customers, and make fleeing sites much harder.  But when you compare them to the Death Squads, suddenly the CCS seem less scary.  After all, the CCS will occasionally deliver wounded liberals to the Police Station instead of killing them, and most are not armed with assault rifles.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

After all, the CCS will occasionally deliver wounded liberals to the Police Station instead of killing them.
They will? I've only ever seen them kill everyone, like the mercenaries.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sometimes you'll see your liberals at the police station the day after being intercepted and defeated by the CCS.  I think the CCS has to actually capture your members (as in, you try to run, and the CCS members grab your slow liberal).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unrelated to previous post, the following image asks the question, "What were the CCS thinking?"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Perhaps the Firemen burned down somthing the CCS liked?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would a newspaper state "Breaking and entering"?

Breaking and Entering, at least in Canadian Law, is Trespassing with the intent to commit another crime. (you would be surprised how often people think it is actually breaking into a house)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

The CCS is a bit random in whether they do attacks or rampages and this randomness is affected by public opinion of them.  If you give them enough time to become popular, they'll eventually be very effective.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

No, dummy, what i am saying is that : At the Start of "Nightmare" games with "We didn't start the fire" on, the CCS would start Becoming assholes to Conservatives even before the LCS starts it's rampage

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duh, that's why it's called "We didn't start the fire".  Because the CCS launches prior to the LCS.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Does the CCS on Nightmare mode and "We didn't start the fire" do anything?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 11:35:14 am »

Think of the CCS in this case as having just won a game of Liberal Crime Squad in reverse. They turned the entire agenda screen red, now you have to step in and intervene before they formally appoint Zombie Reagan as King. You're their final boss -- the last endgame challenge. You have to beat them and turn it around.

Also, many CCS actions are in Liberal locations that you can't access. For example, the news will show their attacks sometimes hitting "ACLU Branch Offices". You can't do that because there's no point, but they can. These last few locations are the few remaining Liberal Holdouts.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »

Or rather, more accurately, the LCS do hit these locations, but they display a different location name for fluff reasons. For example, the LCS may attack the AM Radio facility and the Gentleman's Club while the CCS attacks the FM Radio facility and the Lady Luck Strip Club. In the game code, the CCS and the LCS are attacking exactly the same locations, except that when the LCS attacks locations, it shifts public opinion more liberal, and when the CCS attacks locations, it shifts public opinion more conservative.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »

I'm sure there's some kind of deep political point in there about how it's only ok if the people you agree with are doing something.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:01 am »

Breaking and Entering, at least in Canadian Law, is Trespassing with the intent to commit another crime. (you would be surprised how often people think it is actually breaking into a house)

Here in England I don't think you can be done for breaking and entering unless you do criminal damage or posses the tools to do so, otherwise it's just trespassing. While trespassing is only a civil offence the police will likely remove you from the property anyway, but would be unable to press charges. I realise that UK and US law will likely be different but I'd image it says breaking and entering because they either bashed the door down or picked the lock rather than using an open window or unlocked door.

I only know the little I do about this subject because some of my close friends like to explore abandoned buildings.

Edit: The laws are different in Scotland and Wales so UK changed to England.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:44:50 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 11:34:25 pm »

The problem with "Breaking and Entering" is it sounds like "Breaking into someone's house"

When it could be done even with an open door.
Pages: [1] 2