Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Geohashing  (Read 2961 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Geohashing
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 03:20:37 pm »

http://irc.peeron.com/xkcd/map/map.html?date=2011-01-26&lat=47&long=-122&zoom=12&abs=2

Mine's in...What the hell is that?  A mine?  Or just a housing development thing?  Whatever it is, it's like a square mile.

*digs around* Oh.  It's the construction site for a place called Bio-Energy.  I think.  Sweet!  But a power plant that generates energy from landfill waste is a place that I really don't think I want to go.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:43 pm »

This is mine. I really need to buy a car if I'm to reach any hash that hits land. Which I'm planning to do soon anyway. I can use the graticules bordering to the east too, though some of those mountains are real buggers.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 09:59:19 am »

http://irc.peeron.com/xkcd/map/map.html?date=2011-01-26&lat=47&long=-122&zoom=12&abs=2

Mine's in...What the hell is that?  A mine?  Or just a housing development thing?  Whatever it is, it's like a square mile.

*digs around* Oh.  It's the construction site for a place called Bio-Energy.  I think.  Sweet!  But a power plant that generates energy from landfill waste is a place that I really don't think I want to go.

For the 27th it's on the middle of the northbound lane of highway 405. No excuses this time :)

EDIT: This site is cool. It puts all the relevant information in one page and even autogenerates a poster you can leave at your hashmark. I guess one advantage of a geeky hobby is that they will usually turn out a lot of neat tools and gadgets like this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:06:31 am by olemars »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 04:42:48 pm »

For the 27th it's on the middle of the northbound lane of highway 405. No excuses this time :)
It's on the way home from work.  I couldn't not go there, unless I was in the rightmost lane.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 [2]