Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Cannibalism  (Read 14098 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibalism
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »

Kuru is a prion based disease like Mad Cow, and is transmitted by eating nervous tissue infected with the prions. It doesn't just spontaneously appear from eating brains.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 09:37:51 pm »

Or infected flesh in general.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 10:04:23 pm »

Or infected flesh in general.
Nervous tissue is found through the body. That's why I didn't say "eating infected brains."

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »

Any form of Spongiform sucks frankly. One of my relative's had a form of Spongiform and it would like cause her to forget people's faces. It was real depressing.

Although I am much happier at the fact that something so important to me as heart eating has been sigged.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 10:48:23 pm »

It doesn't need to be nervous tissue, either.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 03:08:57 am »

No Humanitarian jokes yet?
No Sweeney Todd references?
Come on people.

This thread make me see how muscly the cat I was petting was. Not much meat on her.

I would be cautious about eating anything other than muscle, what with diseases and parasites. In the US, are you legally allowed to eat domestic animals? I know you can raise rabbits for meat and pets, but how about the more touchy ones?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 03:12:48 am »

No Sweeney Todd references?

Um... er.... lets see.

More meat pies! *stamp! stamp! stamp!*

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 03:22:15 am »

Allowed to eat? Yes. But the slaughtering part is considered "animal cruelty," I believe.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:19 am »

I have a feeling starvation would eventually break all but the most strong-willed of people into resorting to extreme measures like cannibalism.

Although, if you are stuck on an island, lack of drinking water would probably kill you before you got that hungry.
Untrue, there have been many starvation cases where people have entirely refused to eat one-another for food.

Still fine with desperation cannibalism though. Om nom nom.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 04:29:48 am »

I would be cautious about eating anything other than muscle, what with diseases and parasites.

And nematodes are a parasite that can often be found in muscle.  Specifically, pig and human muscle.

Enjoy~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 04:32:45 am »

That's why you only eat humans examined by a veterinarian.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 05:59:16 am »

I have a feeling starvation would eventually break all but the most strong-willed of people into resorting to extreme measures like cannibalism.

Although, if you are stuck on an island, lack of drinking water would probably kill you before you got that hungry.
Untrue, there have been many starvation cases where people have entirely refused to eat one-another for food.

Still fine with desperation cannibalism though. Om nom nom.

I hope that I would have the strength to be like those people and resist the starvation pangs. Not too keen on testing it out though.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:01 am »

Cannibalism eh?

Sounds kinda wrong to eat others that are like you , humans . I don't think human flesh haves a good taste either... and that would make you some diseases (if the guy youre eating from has some).

Juuuust wrong
Desu

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 08:41:15 am »

Sounds kinda wrong to eat others that are like you , humans . I don't think human flesh haves a good taste either...
I don't know, I've heard that we taste like pork.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

No, we taste like chicken ! Everything tastes like chicken !

More seriously, cannibalism makes no sense in our culture. We don't have any rituals attached to it, we don't reintegrate dead grampa within our community by eating it, we don't believe eating somebody's heart will give us their courage and so fort. So no, no reason to eat your neighbor, and no serious discussion about it can really happen :) .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7