Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monster style adventure mode?  (Read 967 times)

UOMune

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Monster style adventure mode?
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:27:25 am »

This has probably already been brought up a couple of times or who knows, maybe even modded. (I'm still a noob to DF and the community here so I'm not sure of whats been brought up and/or created yet through modding past what I've seen on the mod forums page.) But, I'm going to throw it out there anyway.

It's just a suggestion of a spinoff of the adventure mode basically (Or perhaps could still be considered adventure mode), except you can start of as one of the many beasts and monsters in the world and go from there. Killer kitten? Rabid chicken? Friendly Megabeast? Unstoppable kobold? Huggable undead!? ;)

*Shrugs* It's an idea. Just seems it would be a different and interesting way of playing, but I think it could be fun and in some cases amusing (Foreseeing survival! LOL). If there is already a way doing such, I'd love to hear about how to do it! Thanks.  :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster style adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 06:29:38 am »

Sounds interesting. I'd like to be a mighty dragon, melting a bronze collosus while he stands helplessly 10 feet away on a cliff!
First adventurers would need to be able to use breath weapons. the 'f' key sounds reasonable, if occasionally a pun. Also, dragonfirebreath would need to show up as giving you kills--weirdly, it doesn't. Modding dwarves, my militia commander just breathed fire and didn't get any kills.  :(
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:54:23 am »

It's been consider and if you check the (older) devlist you'll find it's a feature that is going to work it's way in.

I believe he stated you could play as a random animal or as a creature that managed to gain a title. I believe he also said things about "body swapping" with creatures/people that murdered you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 07:04:36 am »

You can already mod it in. It sucks with normal creatures though, I just started plating as a GCS and I can't even open doors >.>

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 01:42:24 am »

You can use some 3rd party program to do it as well, I think. It's a bit buggy though.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:21:08 am »

being a megabeast is planned, eventaully it's one of the long term goals on the old dev list
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.