Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 334369 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world
« Reply #1770 on: March 20, 2011, 08:20:02 am »

Why does that remind me of Iraq's minister of information claiming the American assault was being pushed back while in the back a tank came crashing through a barricade?

a giant gold fist crushing a fighter jet with "USA" written on the tail.
For a moment I read that as a giant gold fish. I was puzzled.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 20, 2011, 08:35:32 am »

Yeah, the PR would be much easier if the West simply provided close air support to the Benghazi troops when they could've actually used it. So I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:01 am »

Why does that remind me of Iraq's minister of information claiming the American assault was being pushed back while in the back a tank came crashing through a barricade?
As I recall it, he was making a speech at the airport about how there are no American forces in all of Iraq while an american tank was driving around in the background. The award for Most Unconvincing Propaganda goes to...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 20, 2011, 10:44:28 am »

Height of entertainment on Gaddafi State TV, this guy in front of a green screen singing some broken hymn to Gaddafi and awkwardly fumbling an AK.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
US air force is having a blast with callsigns. Mid air refuellers are EXXON. Attack aircraft are MAUL, PANTHER, SATAN and so on. Electronic jammer aircraft are SHEEN.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:37:16 am by olemars »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:26 am »

And yes, Clausewitz. What was the book that "tried" to refute him?
This one.

Also, CNN says some stealth bombers were used for airstrikes. America wants to have some fun with their livefire target practice.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »

"We are not afraid of your rockets or your air raids. We do not fear you. You were defeated in Somalia, in Lebanon, in Iraq. You were beaten by bin Laden. We will defend our honour, our families, our homeland. We are ready for a long war." From Kadhafi (source Guardian)

Hmmm ok but didn't he just said yesterday the protesters were led by Ben Laden, who drugged them in order to make them obedient?

I don't think he remembers that
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 20, 2011, 12:25:39 pm »

The in France is the only party opposing the war is the "front national", nationalistic extreme right. In Belgium they were unanimous, but in Germany, they all seems to oppose war because of Afganistan's fiasco.
I'm not sure about the US.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »

Khaddafi's compound has been hit by at least two missiles.

Called it.
!!&!!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »

Called it.

I don't really care who did it. Go them.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 20, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »

Edit:
US air force is having a blast with callsigns. Mid air refuellers are EXXON. Attack aircraft are MAUL, PANTHER, SATAN and so on. Electronic jammer aircraft are SHEEN.

Source?

Called it.

I don't really care who did it. Go them.

It would be poetic justice if they'd written "From Lockerbie, with love" written on the side.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »

Al-Jazirra got a nice video of the results of Western Airstrikes. Whole columns of tanks destroyed. More important, they found uniforms shredded by the explosions, but without any bloodstain or body parts inside. Evidence at least parts of Qaddaffi's army is deciding that it's not worth fighting anymore.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 20, 2011, 09:53:26 pm »

There were mass defections from Gaddafi's army when they actually had a chance of winning. Now that they're being opposed by millitaries that can crush them easily, they're going to be seeing much more of that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 20, 2011, 10:01:57 pm »

I realize that he's at least somewhat insane but does he really think his smallish amount of loyal charges in an army in the capital of an already comparatively tiny country is really going to stand up to the international community?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 416