Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yet another 'What was the name of that game?' thread (shooter edition)  (Read 689 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I remember a game I'd play back before the millennium that was a top down shooter, you controlled a car on a winding highway.

What I remember the most was four things. First two are powerups. One powerup was a frontal white barrier, this was a good powerup because it took fire and allowed you to ram targets to death.
 The second was much like the first, but two barriers, one on each side of the car. These sucked as you could not ram targets with them, and most attacks came from the front.
 The third thing I can remember is you could choose one powerup to start the mission with.

Finally, I remember the bosses were whopping huge. The first one was a large VTOL craft with I believe four rotor blades. Might be three. I'm pretty sure you could destroy the rotor blades without outright killing the boss.

EDIT: I remember more! The first level was on a highway over a large amount of water. The SECOND level was on a strange snake-like road over a reddish background.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Found the game! It was 'Highway Hunter'.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:40:09 pm by SHAD0Wdump »