Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 2277 times)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Highlights
« on: June 06, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »

Let's brag over the highlights of our most recent fortresses' achievements!

- Found several clusters of platinum, and turn forging statues on repeat. Later, I start building a statuary, and discover I have 24 of 'em ready, with values ranging from 2000 to 4000 apiece.
- My wealth was just a little higher then I intended, and attracted a giant zombie siege at only 50 dwarves. Two dwarves fell before the gates closed. I finish building a pit trap and test them out against my small, partially steel-clad army. One dies and one suffers a fractured arm, so they're not so weak it seems.
- Eventually the deaths rack up, half from my pit trap and half from two goblin ambushes and later one kobold ambush (thieves stealing goblinite) walk into the siege. About 20 zombies die, but the three squads are all annihilated.
- Breached the first caverns, path to second level is right smack in front of my exit. Wall is built but it's my only source of clean water, so I walled and bridged to the surface, and placed a battery of cage traps against the water. My dwarves have had several close calls already, especially my weaver; the hunters go in there looking for stuff to kill.
- Gobbo ambush walks into my only carpenter/woodcutter. Lesson learned: get a tree farm asap, and lock the caverns for growth surface.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide