Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Destroying Tanks?  (Read 3648 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Destroying Tanks?
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:40 am »

Are Tanks destroyable? i tried all sorts of shit on it, including Shooting it with M16's, But it doesn't seem to work at all

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Destroying Tanks?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:55:52 am »

Tanks were indestructible in all the previous versions, I doubt it changed in the latest one.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:14:30 am »

My strategy for dealing with tanks when I mistakenly allowed them into my base was to intimidate my way past them. It is surprising how effective that was.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:23:22 am »

Well, I think there's a reason to buy those molotov coctails  ;D

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:26:16 pm »

Well, I think there's a reason to buy those molotov coctails  ;D

Other than to screw with the SWAT teams by sending them into a blazing inferno, showing them where they will go for being too conservative after they die? (By this I mean the pits of course)

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:16:29 am »

I think it's also possible to recruit tanks, at least in previous releases. Guitars maybe?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

I think it's also possible to recruit tanks, at least in previous releases. Guitars maybe?
They are not affected by guitars
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 12:51:24 pm »

Tanks ONCE were able to be recruited after you "liberalize" them by using guitars, but now if you try to talk to them, their turret will shake their head side to side. It's possible that the game may also prevent guitars from being used (to "liberalize" tanks at least).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »

Tanks ONCE were able to be recruited after you "liberalize" them by using guitars, but now if you try to talk to them, their turret will shake their head side to side. It's possible that the game may also prevent guitars from being used (to "liberalize" tanks at least).
Wait, wait, wait, wait, liberalize using guitars?!
How come I didn't knew about it?!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:06 pm »

Yeah, it's one of the semi-hidden features of the game. Like Arch-Conservative units persuading your units, you can persuade Conservatives with a guitar and the Music skill.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 02:43:44 pm »

Tanks were indestructible in all the previous versions, I doubt it changed in the latest one.

I can specifically remember destroying the hell out of tanks with my swordfighting liberals. I remember this because it was amazing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »

I can specifically remember destroying the hell out of tanks with my swordfighting liberals. I remember this because it was amazing.

Related but slightly off-topic question: where do you get recruits that start out with some measure of Sword skill?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 04:01:20 pm »

Yeah, swords are one of the best weapons, period.

I think sword skill is a random pick.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 11:21:51 pm »

I heard swords were pretty amazing, but never actually tried them. I guess I'll have to make my ninja squad use swords now. I mean, honestly their all in ninja suits anyway, why the hell not.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 03:19:45 am »

I heard swords were pretty amazing, but never actually tried them. I guess I'll have to make my ninja squad use swords now. I mean, honestly their all in ninja suits anyway, why the hell not.
I plan on infiltrating the military base in a ninja suit.
I already did it with Army body armor, heh
Pages: [1] 2