Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Lets Play :: Civilization V :: The First Turn :: Germany

(1/6) > >>

Neyvn:
Greetings and welcome to all around...

Simple Disclaimer:
Please show me some support at the very least, even if you are just reading over it, the more support I receive the more I will be willing to push onwards...

I have looked over our Lets Play Child Forum and wondered to myself. Was Civilization V such a bust that not even one person is wanting to show they have even bought the thing. Civilization IV gets a lot of attention while its newer Brother receives nothing, despite all the water it stir before and during its release. Heck only 2 others on my (VERY LIMITED) Steam list show that they have even purchused the game, and the last time I saw someone playing it was to test some Community mods that had been developed. Does the Bay12 Community dislike this or are they just wary of something that has appeared to threaten something they love (Civ4)...

Yes Civ5 does bring a few changes from the Norm of yesterCivs...

The Map is now Hexagons over the old Squares, changing how the units move and the world looks in whole. Hard to judge the distance people say, I say you just ain't looking right...

No more Doom Stacks they have screamed. I say it never made sense to begin with, how could 15 Infantry fit in the same Square that held 40 Tanks, the Units now taking up a whole grid and normally coming in a squad of 10 (to represent their HP) and Ranged units can fire over tiles now taking those squishy archers further away from the pointy spears...

City States have shown their faces here, taking point from the many ideas of other games and bringing it to full in this, three varieties giving three different bonuses, something extra to strive to maintain and it feels right...

Nonetheless though, not one word has been said about Civilization V in a full account of itself. And I aim to rectify it to a point. So lets get started shall we...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Spoiler: The Nation of Germany was chosen as our People... (click to show/hide)There are many nations to choose from, and their people to lead.

The Americans:

They gain two Special units, an Aircraft known as the B17 and a Rifleman unit called Minutemen.

The Arabians:

They gain a Special Unit a Mounted Ranged Camel Archer and a different Tile upgrade which is a Bazaar.

The Aztecs:

They gain a Special unit, a Warrior unit called Jaguar Warriors, and a Building called Floating Gardens,

The Chinese:

They gain a Special unit, a Ranged Chu-Ko-Nu, and a Building Alternative called Paper Makers.

The Egyptians:

They gain a Special unit, a Ranged Mounted unit called War Chariots, and a Building called Burial Tombs.

The English:

They gain two Special units, a Ranged Longbowman and a Ship called Ship of the Line

The French:

They gain two Special units, both Gunpowder units, the Foreign Legion and the Musketeer.

The Germans:

They gain two Special units, a Spearman unit called Landskecht and a Tank unit known as the Panzer.

The Greek:

They gain two Special units, a Horseman unit called Champion Calvary and a Spearman unit known as the Hopilite.

India:

They gain a Special unit, a Mounted Ranged unit called a War Elephant and a Building Mughal Fort.

The Iroquois:

They gain a Special unit, a Swordman unit called Mohawks and a Building called the Longhouse.

The Japanese:

They gain two Special units, a Swordsman unit called Samurai and a Aircraft unit called Zeros.

The Ottomans:

They gain two Special units, a Rifleman unit called Janissary and a Mounted unit called Sipahi.

The Persians:

They gain a Special unit, a Spearman called Immortals and a Building called Satrap's Court.

The Romans:

They gain two Special units, a Siege weapon known as the Ballista and a Swordsman unit known as Legion.

The Russians:

They gain a Special unit, a Mounted unit called Cossack and a Building called Krepost.

The Siamese:

They gain a Special unit, a Mounted unit called Naresuan's Elephant and a Building called a Wat.

Songhai:

They gain a Special unit, a Mounted unit called Mandekalu and a Building known as a Mud Pyramid Mosque.

The Mongolians:

They gain two special units, a Ranged Mounted unit called Keshik and a Mounted unit known as a Khan.

We are playing on a Huge Fractal map, on the Prince Difficulty and at Standard Pace...

I hope that we can work together and lead our nation forward through the times...

And so begins our game. Updates on Turns will be something like extended parts, unsure on how many turns will come between them, so give me a shout on how many turns you actually want to see. Of course, important events will be shown...

Update 1 - Turn 1: Starting our Nation.
Update 2 - Turn 5: Taking our second Step.

Myroc:
I vote for Arabia. You can earn metric fucktons of money if you play them right. Settle every luxury resource you can possibly reach, build bazaars in all your cities, then trade your ginormous amounts of luxuries to all the other civilizations for GPT. Watch as you have enough income to recruit one of the standard infantry of your age every turn and still have a positive net income of gold.

Yaddy1:
I vote Rome. Because I like Rome.

Taricus:
Vote for Germany, for we shall conquer the world for the reich.

Burnt Pies:
Mongolia. Who doesn't like hordes of angry, sweaty men on small horses?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version