Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's Play... Hero's Wake! Choosing an Apprenticeship.  (Read 5681 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play... Hero's Wake! Choosing an Apprenticeship.
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 03:52:12 am »

Naaaah, for this character, i reckon either Physician, Sage or Merchant. Farmer or Actor is also a valid choice i think.

I go with Physician, because of the importance of staying alive and the general helpfulness of the skills i imagine it has. Dagger for fighting (which are reliable, replaceable and easy to get), Herbalism for survival in pretty much all terrain and other uses as well, Anatomy for killing things and healing people (as well as ourselves) and, of course, Surgery.

I imagine that it will come at a large cost, but i reckon it will be worth it if we can find other people to fill in the gaps.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:30 am »

Naaaah, for this character, i reckon either Physician, Sage or Merchant. Farmer or Actor is also a valid choice i think.

I go with Physician, because of the importance of staying alive and the general helpfulness of the skills i imagine it has. Dagger for fighting (which are reliable, replaceable and easy to get), Herbalism for survival in pretty much all terrain and other uses as well, Anatomy for killing things and healing people (as well as ourselves) and, of course, Surgery.

I imagine that it will come at a large cost, but i reckon it will be worth it if we can find other people to fill in the gaps.

What? No! We are Jannis Songstealer, we are a bard that'll steal all you got and you'll have thought you just donated it to feed hungry children in a foreign country.

Time to go Soothsayer! Then we'll be able to control and manipulate everyone we meet; then we'll study the law like a Sage so we can master others through diplomacy and government. And bam, then we'll have armies to command and money so we can be a Physician to practice our deadly skills on willing victims.

And to top it all off, who wouldn't want to be a dashing rogue, jack of all trades? We don't have to worry about mastering everything; just enough to rule everyone else!

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »

I also vote for a soothsayer. Possibly with anatomy or surgery skill, as they are good to gain people's trust.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 09:40:10 pm »

Well, it appears that i have been outvoted. Soothsayer, it is, and it looks like it could be useful if we play it right.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

Looks like we're doing Soothsayer, which is my favourite starting profession*.  However, I'm in pantomime performances all week and the next few days I'm going to be out of town and preparing hard for another drama school audition (on Tuesday).  The next update's going to be long too, so it'll be a few days yet before it happens.  At the very least, a few days 'til the next update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]