Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575432 times)

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1590 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:39 am »

Thanks PlutoniumApe! I just want to say that I have a lot of fun with this, it's very inspirational, and it gets me to draw and practice a lot more than I had been before! I love seeing how other people imagine these things. Congratulations to the others, they were awesome as well.

Here is a Forgotten Beast that is close to my heart; he burned down my entire fortress of dwarves! He's kind of weird, but it's going to be cool to see what people do with this! I give you, Stosbub!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Forgotten Beast Stosbub has come! An enormous kinglet with external ribs. It has a spiral shell and it has a gaunt appearance. Its amethyst feather are downy. Beware its fire!

I'm going to put a loose deadline of next Wednesday on this, and work from there depending on how many submissions there are. Good luck!
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:02 pm »

O god, this is awesome(ly disturbing). I'll have to give it a try.

EDIT:
EDIT: Here's a link to a speed draw video on YouTube if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eINOlq9xg

Okay, that's it. I've seen too much epic stuff like this to resist any longer. I'm getting a tablet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:14:03 pm by chewie »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 10, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »

For reference, this is a Kinglet (I had to google it...)

Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:31 am »

Those could certainly sport a spiral shell. I may have time to try this one in a couple days, after finals are over and I've failed them all miserably.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15:19 am »

But it looks too cute to be a FB... =<

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 11, 2012, 02:46:34 pm »

But it looks too cute to be a FB... =<

Not when it's 50 feet tall.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 11, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »

Whoa, I spent way too much time on this, considering it looks like an upside-down ice cream cone in strawberry syrup LOL.

EDIT: Here's a link to a speed draw video on YouTube if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eINOlq9xg

Just watched that video, and it's awesome! Here's a stupid question - how do you trace the contours of the various shapes you are working on so carefully?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15:21 pm »

Well rcmgames, I did what I could to make your beast worthy of destroying your fortress. Unfortunately, it is still a giant ball of fluffy, downy feathers with an extreme adorability factor.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:29:16 pm by diamondwolf »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »

I wouldn't imagine an eldritch horror being that... gentle looking. I looks more like a misunderstood maternal figure greeting the tiny dwarf at the bottom right in the only way in knows how rather than a violent murder machine.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 13, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »

Told you it looks too cute to be a FB. Even if it's 50 feet tall.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #1600 on: May 13, 2012, 03:33:12 pm »

Did someone say 'cute'?

Edit:

Had another body from a prior attempt - if you don't like it too cute ,)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1601 on: May 13, 2012, 06:07:39 pm »

Not very "gaunt" but who cares :P

Well, right now while I was drawing the fb it about midnight, you know it's dark,quiet and etc. Suddently out of nowhere rcms speeddrawing video starts up and for some reason I had my volume turned up to max...needless to say I literally fell out of my chair. I guess it must have been lagging and then decided to start again an hour later :P

I've been somewhat unable to contribute lately but I've seen some very cool stuff here and I'd like to say you're all awsome :D

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 13, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

I might still contribute to this one, but I'll likely wait for the next forgotten beast. Good submissions so far.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 13, 2012, 07:58:06 pm »

I wouldn't imagine an eldritch horror being that... gentle looking. I looks more like a misunderstood maternal figure greeting the tiny dwarf at the bottom right in the only way in knows how rather than a violent murder machine.

No one ever said it was a malicious beast. Perhaps it is merely saddened by the dwarves nonacceptance of it. It may have destroyed a fortress not because it hated the dwarves, but rather because the dwarves were unwilling to accept it beyond its lame based communications.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #1604 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:46 pm »

CognitiveDissonance: I use a drawing tablet, I'm sure that explains it, I could never do anything like that with just a mouse...

Haha oh man, don't watch my let's play where I refer to It as some 'crustacean'.. I think kinglet is so close to kingler the pokemon, plus the shell threw me off.. I guess now I know why it was so aggressive, it rose from the caverns to warn us of the other deadly creatures, like a good mother-like figure would... But she saw we were too dumb and defenseless that she decided to take us out of our misery, early.

BTW the drawings are great. Keep 'em coming! it seems we have just a few, so how about if we don't have 5 entries by Wednesday, well extend to Friday??
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 153