Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575327 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2011, 11:47:26 am »

When the new beast comes I must hurry and draw before DD so I wouldn't be discouraged by comparing my pic to DD's! :D And it seems that that python wouldn't have come out horribly horrible after all. I hope for a good description...
So... The description poster wanted a tie breaker round because he couldn't decide between two. Maybe he should specify who were the ones... (I think I know already but...)
This is going to be a tough competition, I'm really having a hard time deciding between the two. I'm almost tempted to hold a tie breaker round, for whoever can best draw Ceti The Ungodly Terror in the most adorable fashion, now that would be something.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:09:25 pm by ottottott »

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2011, 01:16:10 pm »

When the new beast comes I must hurry and draw before DD so I wouldn't be discouraged by comparing my pic to DD's! :D And it seems that that python wouldn't have come out horribly horrible after all. I hope for a good description...

Don't worry, I'll hold back... The only reason I posted Ceti so early is because I couldn't get Ab looking right after Grizzled beat me to the punch with the whole Woody Woodpecker joke. :D

I vote that Grizzle wins, for actually coming close to DarkerDark (who is now only allowed to win every other round to encourage others to play as well) :)

I vote for either Grizzle or Rhesus!

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2011, 02:08:32 pm »

Well Rhesus's picture is rather well drawn. While Grizzle's picture is truly horrible (Not badly drawn. I mean like scary.). It really is hard to decide which is better.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »

I vote GrizzleBridges. He looks like it was drawn in the olden times somewhere on a wall in a castle, or woven in tapestry.

I have a Forgotten Beast here that I like.

If we go with this guy, I'm in. 
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2011, 02:34:26 pm »

I vote GrizzleBridges. He looks like it was drawn in the olden times somewhere on a wall in a castle, or woven in tapestry.

If we go with this guy, I'm in.
I like it too! (If it wasn't clear in one of my previous posts.)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »

It looks like Grizzebridges wins, and chooses our next forgotten beast.

GrizzleBridges won the competetion and chooses our next FB. If he decides to choose yours, then it'll happen. Sorry, thems the rules.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »

okay so wait, are we still on Ceti? I'm confused. I say everyone should stop voting so we know who the actual judge is.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2011, 07:01:34 pm »

okay so wait, are we still on Ceti? I'm confused. I say everyone should stop voting so we know who the actual judge is.

No, the competetion has been won. And right now, I'm the judge. After me, GrizzleBridges is the judge. If he doesn't choose the FB in a few days, we go with Elizar's FB.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »

cool... well I was wondering if Titans can be included? They are pretty much above-ground FB's right?

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2011, 09:16:58 pm »

cool... well I was wondering if Titans can be included? They are pretty much above-ground FB's right?

I've always thought they were FBs who escaped from the caverns, so yeah, I suppose so.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2011, 09:44:47 pm »

Okay, actually I changed my mind on the titan and picked this horror:

Sitsu Cloakhollow
because it just entered my fort and started eating children

Also, heres an adorable Ceti (I had the urge to draw it after you mentioned the idea):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:47:02 pm by GrizzleBridges »

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2011, 09:52:10 pm »

Man it looks like a pokemon

delphey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2011, 10:17:26 pm »

The cute one is great haha.  And the slightly darker version you made has that right kind of foreboding feel. 

I have to say though that the darkerdark drawings are incredibly good... I would maybe do a small paypal commision for dwarf fortress art like that.  That kind of style (with color) could really help popularize the game itself, bringing the little sprites to life. 

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2011, 01:53:25 am »

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:55:05 am by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2011, 05:56:02 am »

Sitsu Cloakhollow

Goofy looking, I know :P

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/Lolblivion/fb2.jpg

It draws you in with its innocent pink scales, and then it sprays the crap out of you with its webs!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153