Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575148 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1125 on: January 29, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

Found a forgotten beast in legends and drew it in hopes of keeping this thread alive!

here's the creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here's my drawing: (WARNING: BIG!)

Everyone else can feel free to draw Ica.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1126 on: January 29, 2012, 02:03:58 pm »

Could someone do me a favor and put some "unkept pinegreen hair" on McSlug here? :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:08:24 pm by slowpokez »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1127 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »

Could someone do me a favor and put some "unkept pinegreen hair" on McSlug here? :D

SEAL THE CAVERNS SEAL THE DAMN CAVERNS OH GOD OH GOD D:

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you fear the night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 29, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »

Yeah that thing is pretty gross. Nice work. :)

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »

Alright Sweet! Glad to see there are people still interested in this! I thought I was gonna be too late to the party to participate :)

I have class work I need to do today but I'll try and get my rendition of Ica Oilypride posted tonight or tomorrow if not.

Hope we can get some more people involved. This whole thing sounds like a lot of fun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1130 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:48 pm »

Oh hey just noticed the tasty looking mushroom :3

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1131 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:50 am »

Thx :D
Btw, can we do voting without OP?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 30, 2012, 01:10:23 am »

We can't have a poll at the top of the thread without the OP. This, of course, doesn't stop us from voting in posts, but there would have to be someone who would find and collect said votes.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1133 on: January 30, 2012, 01:52:00 am »

We can't have a poll at the top of the thread without the OP. This, of course, doesn't stop us from voting in posts, but there would have to be someone who would find and collect said votes.
Do we make a new thread? I kinda like this one but...if it won't work a new thread might be the better alternative.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 30, 2012, 04:18:57 am »

Do we make a new thread? I kinda like this one but...if it won't work a new thread might be the better alternative.
Can someone post here if they do?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 30, 2012, 04:28:44 am »

As far as I could tell polls were never really being used here. It was just counting. I think this was just because of the hassle involved. You would need to make a option for each person participating and then remake it every time we moved onto a new round. If someone wants to put forth the effort to maintain something like that then that would be great. However it would then be kinda lame if everyone is ready to move on and the OP is slacking in updating the poll.

I'm fine with staying here but if others want to make a new thread then thats cool too. Like Chilton said though, post here so the rest of us know. ;)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 30, 2012, 05:22:37 am »

And even the counting was pretty loose, afaik. At some point a winner is declared and presto, new challenge.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1137 on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »

Alright Sweet! Glad to see there are people still interested in this! I thought I was gonna be too late to the party to participate :)

I have class work I need to do today but I'll try and get my rendition of Ica Oilypride posted tonight or tomorrow if not.

Hope we can get some more people involved. This whole thing sounds like a lot of fun!
Cmon mate, me and "Mc+!!scientist!!+" need some more competition :D

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 30, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »

Once I finish moving, and get my scanner back, I'd be happy to submit some more beast artwork.

Oh, and I love slowpokez's hideous worm monstrosity.  :D
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1139 on: January 31, 2012, 11:35:18 am »

As far as I could tell polls were never really being used here. It was just counting. I think this was just because of the hassle involved. You would need to make a option for each person participating and then remake it every time we moved onto a new round. If someone wants to put forth the effort to maintain something like that then that would be great. However it would then be kinda lame if everyone is ready to move on and the OP is slacking in updating the poll.

I'm fine with staying here but if others want to make a new thread then thats cool too. Like Chilton said though, post here so the rest of us know. ;)
Well I COULD keep count of the votes and generally try to keep the whole thing on track. This way we wouldn't need to make a new thread :)
As for how it will work, does 3 days per challange sound good? Alternativly we could end the challange when a certain amount of beasts has been posted...
If you have any ideas or opinions please post them. 
Since it hasn't really started yet the first challenge here could get a bit of extra time before we start voting :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:49:31 am by slowpokez »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153