Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 573508 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1155 on: January 31, 2012, 06:30:41 pm »

DeferoMortis vs DarkerDark. This must happen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 31, 2012, 10:35:57 pm »

Then competition you shall have friend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ummmm, wow... I think god should profile this art workshop to be used be DefroMortis only.

but scince I'm a dumb dorf, I'll continue to do job "make FB pic R"... when I have time that is...
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:39 pm »

Too busy partying at microcline tables, eating all the +Dwarven Syrup Roast+s and drinking all the Dwarven Rum?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 01, 2012, 03:38:03 am »

Awesome! It's like the art you see in Pen & Paper RPG rulebooks!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 01, 2012, 03:56:19 am »

DeferoMortis vs DarkerDark. This must happen.

*cough cough*

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:54 am »

It actually is, come to think of it...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2012, 12:05:40 pm »

Okay, so since I'm writing a P&P RPG, and I want art like this, a) What do I need to practice to make art like that or B) How much would hiring someone to do art like that cost?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 01, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »

Okay, so since I'm writing a P&P RPG, and I want art like this, a) What do I need to practice to make art like that or B) How much would hiring someone to do art like that cost?
I don't know anything about the artist commission rates, but there's one thing I know certainly: Achieving such art skills require years of practice drawing seemingly boring stuff from life, like still lives, or figure drawing from life. If you ask some very skilled people in the Engraver's Guild thread at the Creative Center, they'll confirm it. Inspired by Fault and this thread, I've started learning art myself last year, only to bump into this fact a few months later.
On the other hand, you live in the United States, and there's a lot of life drawing workshops and classes there (as far as I can see from the desolate wastelands on the other side of the Atlantic). If you have money, you can attend these art classes.
Also, read this:
http://www.noahbradley.com/blog/2011/how-to-be-an-artist-without-going-to-art-school/

P.S. I'll try to draw some beast or another, even though my art skills are quite bad (not so bad as last year, at least)

DeferoMortis: Could you please show us more of your art?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:20:24 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you fear the night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:13 pm »

Thanks man! I saw some of your stuff from earlier in the thread, different style than my own but you are clearly talented!

If you're serious about it Maximum I may be willing. Let me know if you wish and we can discuss it in private.

P.S. I'll try to draw some beast or another, even though my art skills are quite bad (not so bad as last year, at least)

DeferoMortis: Could you please show us more of your art?

Bring us your monsters! I think all of us want to see as many people participating as possible.

Also yeah I can show you other stuff. Stay turned and I'll post a link in the near future. It's been a while since I updated my online stuff so I need to get organized and get my newer work up.

I'm also going try and stay with this thread as long as I can stand it so I should have new stuff on here fairly regularly.

ALSO I will probably need till about Friday to finish Unu. If we're going to implement a 3-4 day rule as was discussed earlier people should try and get their submissions in by then abouts. Unless I am mistaken its just Slowpoke and I right now. MORE BEASTS FOR THE BEAST GOD

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 01, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

Right now we're drawing Unu, right?
P.S. Someone should PM the thread's OP, Stone Wera, about that poll.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:30:26 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1165 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

ALSO I will probably need till about Friday to finish Unu. If we're going to implement a 3-4 day rule as was discussed earlier people should try and get their submissions in by then abouts. Unless I am mistaken its just Slowpoke and I right now. MORE BEASTS FOR THE BEAST GOD
We're not the only contestants! :P
here's my drawing: (WARNING: BIG!)
Btw way guys feel free to speak your opinion on if we should keep it as a voting challenge or if we want it to just work in a more chillaxed way where everyone posts what they feel like and noone everyone wins? ;D

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 01, 2012, 03:05:23 pm »

We're not the only contestants! :P

I know that there are other contestants but I think for Unu YOU are the only one that has a submission. I guess I kinda tarded out and included myself when I have not yet submitted this round. Durp. Just trying to let people know when I'm aiming for and what I thought the targeted end time of this round was.

If folks feel differently then by all means we can change the deadline. Didn't mean to sound demanding or anything :)

I just dont want to loose the little bit of momentum that we have sitting in one round too long.

Btw way guys feel free to speak your opinion on if we should keep it as a voting challenge or if we want it to just work in a more chillaxed way where everyone posts what they feel like and noone everyone wins? ;D

I'm all for being chillaxed. I'm not in it too win I just want to draw monsters. However I did think the voting was a good way to decide who picked the next beast. I can also see the problems that caused before though.

My suggestion: At the end of the round whoever picked the beast decides who shall pick next. So when this round is over, since Slowpokez posted the current beast, he would choose who the next beast picker is. Also some rule like you can't pick the person who picked you.

Its not perfect but it does away with pain in the ass voting and doesn't end up with a whole mess of monster descriptions being posted at the end of each round.

I do know though that would like to keep it in rounds with everyone drawing the same description before moving on to the next.

Thats my two cents.

Interested in hearing other ideas though.

DeferoMortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 01, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

Right now we're drawing Unu, right?

I believe so yes. Thats what I'm working on anyway. :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 01, 2012, 05:30:42 pm »

If you're serious about it Maximum I may be willing. Let me know if you wish and we can discuss it in private.
See my sig for how serious I am about it.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:30 pm »

The thread lives!

Excellent work, DeferoMortis.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153