Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575271 times)

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1560 on: April 27, 2012, 07:49:36 pm »

Well I haven't even had time to do anything. Its final time at my university and my first free time will be this weekend. I will probably do something this weekend, but it doesn't matter because I picked this one (I can always just post it after). I guess it could be whenever. The deadline could probably be around Monday so if anyone else wants to do it they can.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:36:13 pm by diamondwolf »

zepar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 28, 2012, 06:21:00 am »

Definitely got the bulging/undulating aspect. Seems you also got caught on the 'poisonous gas' thing too lol. I guess poisonous gas isn't always visible anyways...  Did you draw this on paper and scan then color, or did you just use a tablet to draw the muscles/striations? I'm not too seasoned in anatomy, so don't look too close at the human muscles in my drawing ;) I also took a bit of artistic license since I was combining a freaking bison and a human... lol

I just figured the deadline was around today, since it seems the time limit has been around a week. Usually the person posting the description sets the deadline and there wasn't any posted for this specific one. Considering there have only been a few depictions posted I guess an extension is in line?

Everything was done by tablet. I made a couple of sketches just to get an idea of the layout but I found I could draw it better from scratch on the tablet. I'd seen a tutorial video a while back on a way to do muscles quickly for character design so this was a good opportunity to try it out. Can't seem to find the video again though so was going by memory. The poisonous gas was more of an afterthought though.

Nothing wrong with taking artistic license as well. In fact it should be encouraged. That's the great thing about this thread. You get to see different peoples art styles and imagination.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:16 pm »

I had a bit of time so I made him. Pretty quick so he is not as detailed as I might want. Oh well, I am not eligible for the running anyways :). I just really wanted to draw him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I pick the winner yes? (I won't pick mine)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:46:55 pm by diamondwolf »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 28, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

Yes. You decide who wins this round.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 28, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »

Gotta admit, though, Diamond, yours is a superbeast.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:25 am »

Not even finished, but I'm getting terribly tired of it, so yeah.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 29, 2012, 05:47:07 am »

):3)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #1568 on: April 29, 2012, 07:10:18 pm »

I had a bit of time so I made him. Pretty quick so he is not as detailed as I might want. Oh well, I am not eligible for the running anyways :). I just really wanted to draw him.

Nice I like it. Looking back like, "Yea, you better leave..."
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 30, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

Okay the submissions for this beast are:

PlutoniumApe

zepar

rcmgames

Mine (not eligible)

chewie

After a lot of soul searching and mediating on the issue, I have come to a conclusion.

PlutoniumApe

Congratulations.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #1570 on: April 30, 2012, 06:15:58 pm »

I feel honored  ;D

And now to test the skill of my fellow contestants - because I really want to see this one!

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Sweet drawings, guys!

I like PlutoniumApe's for the sweet animation and that terrifying skull face. Zepar's is pretty cool the way it's busting through the doors, ready to murder everything... but it reminds me a bit of the pink demon from Doom. :P

rcmgames' Thol looks truly horrifying... that poor, poor dwarf. I like Mine's rendition of Thol for the cool pose and lovely muscle anatomy. But chewie...

Oh, man, Chewie... Your drawing of Thol had me in tears! He looks like he's just come upon the dwarven fortress and is saying "Hey guys, what's goin' on? Why's everyone runnin'?" Your drawing has brought me so much joy, it seriously brightened my day. I thank you for that! :D

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »

When I said Mine, I literally meant mine. As in not yours. I found that to be funny. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also, I have some tests really soon but I will probably try a coral humanoid. No promises I will finish though.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 01, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »

When I said Mine, I literally meant mine. As in not yours. I found that to be funny. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also, I have some tests really soon but I will probably try a coral humanoid. No promises I will finish though.

Haha! Sorry 'bout that, I had just woke up when I posted that and was still giggling at chewie's cute little forgotten beast. :P

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #1574 on: May 04, 2012, 05:02:04 am »

So how's everyone progressing? Just wanted to remind you of the deadline on monday.

I might also try to finish my version, just for the laughs.
Will you delight us with a submission, DarkerDark?

If you need more time, just let me know. Would be great to have a few to choose from  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 153