Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575169 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1815 on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:26 am »

Since the entries have slowed down, I'm going to give this to Sunday evening.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 09, 2012, 10:24:55 am »

This basically just became a greyscale painting of a toad without all the specific features the FB has. But I was quite surprised by my painting skills and since there's not much going on here, I thought I'd upload it anyway.

I also stopped painting mid-work while I got on the background. So it's not even finished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 10, 2012, 09:03:55 am »

Time to wrap up.  We have three entries as follows:

From Icecold, what I would best describe as a lurking horror.  Exactly the sort of creature that would scare the bejabbers out of your standard dwarf.  I particularly like the runic-looking etchings in the rock--sort of mine signs indicating that there is a danger ahead.

Spoiler: Quelge Thefin Usluh (click to show/hide)

Next is GreatWyrmGold, who encountered the same sizing problem I did when I first submitted to this thread.  Actually, I found sizing the image in Paint works well, although you still have to work on making it legible (took me several tries).  I like the small cloud of bolts.  When Quelge finally fell, it was after a sustained period of bleeding out in a lake, which this seems to capture nicely.

Spoiler: HUGE Image! (click to show/hide)

Let's give a round of applause for my digital camera, which has left this image a bit bigger than the piece of paper I drew it on!
 Okay, it's not colored, but I included six crudely-drawn dwarves and a bunch of cavern wildlife! And the shell is actually enormous! And the head looks like a skull with some muscle and sinew on it!

Last one is Chewie, whose unfinished work is still impressive--a sort of Slenderman version of Quelge.  I note that what looks like the right front leg seems to articulate backwards.  I don't know whether or not this was deliberate or a mistake, but it adds to the unsettling look of the creature, and I like it. 

This basically just became a greyscale painting of a toad without all the specific features the FB has. But I was quite surprised by my painting skills and since there's not much going on here, I thought I'd upload it anyway.

I also stopped painting mid-work while I got on the background. So it's not even finished.

Thanks, everyone for contributing.  I'm giving this to Icecold.  Congratulations!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

icecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:32 pm »

Yay, thanks, Knick!  :D

All right, lets move on, so here's your next beasty:

Casot was a forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. A great noseless bison. It has large mandibles and it has a bloated body. Its dark indigo hair is long and straight. Beware its deadly spittle! Casot was associated with chaos and caverns.

Note that it was associated with chaos, so bonus points for being able to represent it in your picture.

Time-limit of one week should be enough... I guess. It's pretty sad that there's not a lot of activity here right now...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 10, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »

It's like the entire damn forum is off to college for the fall semester...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:12 pm »

A great noseless bison.

Well then, how does it smell?

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 10, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »

A great noseless bison.

Terrible!
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

Another bison?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 10, 2012, 05:44:01 pm »

I'm getting to work on my Casot. The chaos will be in massive deformities and the spittle's effect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 10, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »

A great noseless bison.

Terrible!

Thank you ladies and gentledwarves!  Nyalathoteps Cousin and I will be here all week!

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 10, 2012, 09:10:16 pm »

Casot was a forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. A great noseless bison.  Beware its deadly spittle! .

possibly it smells like a snake (or a bison depending on how you wish to take that question)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:44 pm »

Casot:

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 13, 2012, 08:03:55 am »

Casot

he turned out more kawaii than I wanted but oh well :P

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 13, 2012, 08:08:39 am »

Yo Knick, mind if I do one based on the pun?
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153