Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 568924 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #2250 on: February 27, 2013, 10:57:11 pm »

If I can get these waterjet profiles for these silly shadowbox mockups done, I might be able to doodle something tonight!

*shock, horror!*

*mumbles incoherently about employee appreciation, and about the difficulties of digitizing "papercraft items" made of cardboard... with a digital camera, and brainpower.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:34 pm »

I now have two beasts in my caverns--Stukos Togalzasit, a great 3-eyed toad with a spiral shell, rhythmic undulations, cracked tan skin and poison gas and Anu, a great ravening 3-eyed pterosaur with knobby antenna, black oval close-set scales and deadly blood. I'm hoping they kill each other.

Anyone want to draw them?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »

I now have two beasts in my caverns--Stukos Togalzasit, a great 3-eyed toad with a spiral shell, rhythmic undulations, cracked tan skin and poison gas and Anu, a great ravening 3-eyed pterosaur with knobby antenna, black oval close-set scales and deadly blood. I'm hoping they kill each other.

Or have a tea party! :D
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »

Any beast is fine to me, feel free to pick one. Midil was drawn by slowpokez (who really carried out his threat promise and by rcmgames (twice?). Excellent job there, cardinal... such a promising word.

If there has to be a winner let it be slowpokez, just because of his absurb design XD.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #2254 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:21 pm »

Any beast is fine to me, feel free to pick one. Midil was drawn by slowpokez (who really carried out his threat promise and by rcmgames (twice?). Excellent job there, cardinal... such a promising word.

If there has to be a winner let it be slowpokez, just because of his absurb design XD.

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I'll post a beast tomorrow, gotta go dl df again :P.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:31:07 pm by slowpokez »

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:04 pm »

Well, a dwarf accidentally dug into the caverns. But my military killed the toad beast with no casualties. Poor digger got killed, though.

ETA: Damn, the other one got in as well. Killed two soldiers, and I don't like the sound of 'deadly blood' . . .

Edit the second: And now there's Thelo; an enormous, bloated ochre parrot with a horn, lidless eyes and webs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:09:33 pm by GuesssWho »

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »

Sorry folks, I've been swamped lately. Still love this squirming, fidgeting thread though :B
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #2257 on: March 02, 2013, 12:52:04 pm »

Allright! Devil-menace the motha-fcking mammoth!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 02, 2013, 01:09:29 pm »

That is pretty goddamn imposing...
I make Spellcrafts!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 02, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »

Sweet Jesus... an I though the flying King Cobra was dangerous.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 03, 2013, 07:37:49 am »

My attempt:

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:46 pm »

My proposition is more a scene.

The context :

My Fortress was built on a volcano. And my city is the only one remaining of this dwarven civilization. All wiped out by nasty elves.
I was besieged by them, mounted on giant elephants, frogs, mosquitos and so on.
I pushed the right levers, and all the city was closed, except for some of them who could find a way to my magma trap (but that's another story).
Most of them stood in the rain, outside, waiting.
Suddenly, HIM, the great worm, arrived.
He immediately tried to kill the elves, and it was quite funny to see the giant frog ran away from the creature, while it was burning everything. He was just fast enough to avoid the flame. But at the same time, because of it, quickly, all the surroundings of the volcano were burning like hell.

And suddenly, SHE came. Athe pagedwave, on her giant mosquito.
There was a battle, in the sky, a mosquito against a bow-elf.
She blocked several fire, and at last, after one or two cedar arrows in the wings, she shot him in the head, and pulled the brain out of it. Under her, most of the lands were now burning, and most of the elves had to flee from their position, several died.
But not her.

I thought it was quite cool.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #2262 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:13 pm »

Ah! She's dying! Here, take this crude depiction of a boozehound tree-choppin' dwarf as an offering of our undying (yet, sometimes wavering) love!

Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 25, 2013, 02:07:41 pm »

Man, I wish there was a way I could upload my drawing.

Catching up on thread, came across this. Most public libraries have scanners available for use. If that's not an option, you can often use daylight and a camera. If that doesn't work, you can sometimes hold the picture with a light source behind it, and photograph that.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 25, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »

. . . why is there a poll asking what the best ape is, anyway?

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153