Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632]

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670486 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #9465 on: January 31, 2024, 08:48:08 am »

.....(version 3.9.2 no gamebreaking bugs in ~15 hours of multiplayer).....

That didn't age all that well.

That multiplayer game is still going despite some CTD bug related to some event which would crash depending on what the player choose. However on a different, single player run, I did have another event related CTD that crashed no matter what I did. However^2, upgrading to 3.10.4 fixed that and I had no problem continuing with that game to completion...So I guess 3.10.4 works on win7.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: March 16, 2024, 02:15:02 pm »

Next expansion is Machine Age. Including such wonders as individualistic machine empire start, mech cults, a couple of midgame megastructures, a new crisis, two portrait sets that'll alter as your species advances through cybernetic/synthetic ascension (Finally!), and more.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: March 16, 2024, 02:22:31 pm »

...Dammit, all of that sounds pretty exciting except the portraits.  and the portrais sound nice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: March 16, 2024, 08:38:38 pm »

I'm pretty interested in the new DLC since all of that does sound really nice.  I've wanted an individualist robotic option forever, and I'm hoping the stuff about portraits will let me finally let my synthetics look like my species instead of beep boop I am a robot robots.

Also can't wait to find out how buggy it'll be.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: March 16, 2024, 08:44:04 pm »

'portraits that change as they robot'

- so now I know who to target and burn first lol
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: March 17, 2024, 12:44:14 pm »

roleplaying a 40kImperium-like space empire.
Still around the early game, year 2220

Expanding as fast as it could by building spacebases in every new systems its science ships surveyed, the Exterminator empire got in contact with alien civilizations as expected.
As a first contact, threats were made as usual and borders were closed.

Still expanding fast to avoid getting boxed in a corner of the universe, the Exterminator empire ran into another alien civ that told them to not settle in nearby systems, something to do with their "holy places" .
"Xeno scums" was the right and correct answer the Exterminator empire replied and immediately surveyed those systems, shprtly followed by construction ships building a starbase, to the outrage of those newly encountered aliens.

Aliens that didn't wait too long to send another message that was a declaration of war.
The Exterminator empire deployed his early game current fleet filled with its best corvettes for a total of 676 fleet power ready to meet and annihilate the "Avarrian Protectors" xenos incursion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: March 17, 2024, 02:43:26 pm »

Meanwhile, I just learned a harsh lesson about the common ground origin that lets you start in a federation: if you submit to the Khan, you get booted out of the federation.

I guess I got 100 years of mileage out of my research federation so it wasn't wasted, but that really sucked since it was a level 5 federation with all of its perks.  I spent maybe 20 years as a subject, with its huge economic tax, and now that the Khan is dead and I'm free, I can't rejoin the federation because my former allies were very weak without me and are at war with someone else who jumped on them at the first opportunity.

I don't want to start a new federation this late in the game so I hope they survive and I get to rejoin, else that'll be a wasted tradition tree.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632]