Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

Author Topic: Pocket games thread  (Read 115106 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket games thread
« Reply #840 on: March 18, 2024, 10:12:34 pm »

Again, not a game, but....
In my continuing quest to actually use the processing power of my crappy little phone, I've chucked a low-key local implementation of Stable Diffusion on it. SDAI to be precise.

Does it work well? No, and it only does 512x512 (otherwise it would take forever). Does it work fast? No (takes about 15-20mins for one image). But does it work? Yes! And you can run it locally, so it's free, as well as the more usable "just use someone else's processing power for this stuff", as is the fashion at this time. So it does both, but I like a non-internet'y thing, without messing around with Termux or Winlator.

And you can download a fair few different models/ LORAs to try out, depending on your artistic needs. Landscapes? Yep. Photorealistic? Umm, kinda (we're talking like dalle2'ish levels of stuff). Anime? Yeah, sure, I guess.

Grab it here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shifthackz.aisdv1.app

It's not "fully featured", but you've got a positive prompt (space out terms with commas), a negative prompt, a size thingy, amount of steps for generation quality, and other stuff that I don't know what it does. And a fair few free generative models to download, assuming you've got the space on your phone. 1-1.3gigs each. And considering it works fine as a pointy-clicky-does-a-thing solution, without any other knowledge of virtually anything else necessary, it's good.

Can it run in the background, while you're posting on forums, or watching YouTube videos? Kinda. It runs really slowly, but it's running now, as I post this. It's one of those RAM limitation things. Make a small image, and it'll probably chug along fine. A 512x512 one? Yeah, that'll crash 8gigs of RAM on Android, mostly. Still, it can do it. My next phone will have 12-16gigs of RAM, so I'll see what task swapping can do. But crank your YouTube down to 360p, and your image generation size down, and it'll slowly do it. Just check on it every minute or two, for processor priority purposes.

(Just remember to put "nsfw" on all your prompts, because it makes it work better)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:25:01 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]