Other Projects > Other Games

Starsector [TopDown Sandbox RPG on Space]

(1/465) > >>

Gabeux:
14/09/2013 UPDATE: Very outdated post - check their page for more info! fractalsoftworks.com
--
Here I come with another promising indie title with sci-fi theme, unknown release date (soon), with building features, great looking, great concept..
And I probably found it because I'm great too.

Anyway: This is Starfarer, a "single-player sandbox style space role-playing game with strategic elements", as it says in their FAQ [Read it for moar info]

In short, it says you can customize your ship, get a fleet with custom officers, invest (build?) outposts in resourceful planets, and all the 'be a merchant, pirate, fighter, or all of the above' freedom these kind of Space games offer.
Also, they plan to make a living/meaningful economy, so you could have a profit by letting chaos spread on the habitable sectors, or offer your services for as long as evil exists.

You can see a small video and screenshots on their media section (I liked how suicidal and chaotic the battle looked btw).
The game's graphics looks like Distant Worlds, which is an awesome RTS and you probably know about it if you're reading this thread.

I hope your interest is enough to put this game on your "Waiting for" list, so you can be cursed to wait for it like I am.
Bai

getter77:
Pre-orders currently open for $10 too---it will rise as the game gets closer to 1.0 and all as is the Indie style of lately.   One I've been watching since I heard about it elsewhere about a week ago.

GaelicVigil:
Gratuitous Space Battles meets Space Rangers 2?

Ringmaster:
All I can think is how fun this game would be to do an LP of.

Lethal Dosage:
Looks pretty good, I like the graphic style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version