Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Biology suggest  (Read 22929 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Biology suggest
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:40 pm »

Bow chicka wow wow, the cell has a new plasmid, it gives you a copy but it doesnt seem to make anything...the organism then eats the cell, and gains 292eu.

Stored sugars: 451
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »

Create a form of self defense

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

What kind?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »

Ideal stingers. If possible convert all but one of the organisms cells into jellyfish style stinging cells.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2011, 10:41:19 pm »

The organism doent have the right genes to produce cnidocytes, and if you can come up with any more examples lets hear em.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:03 pm »

Search for more sugar and littler cells, eat them. Continue to grow. Begin specializing individual component cells.
[/post]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2011, 10:52:34 pm »

The organism doent have the right genes to produce cnidocytes, and if you can come up with any more examples lets hear em.

Lysosomes to produce acid filled vacuoles...

(Sorry if I'm butting in but I've been lurking this thread. It's awesome.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2011, 10:56:01 pm »

Theres sugars almost all around, and specialize how? what kind of cells? lysozomes arnt cells, and they are more or less, acid filled vacuoles.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03:41 pm »

lysozomes arnt cells, and they are more or less, acid filled vacuoles.

Yes but making a sacrificial cell(s) on the outside of said critter with a large lysosome vacuole would be a nasty surprise for anything that tried to eat you.

Like stinging caterpillars, only really small. And explosive.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

Sacrifical cells like that are more for when its to late to save the "I'm b'ing eat'd!" situation...

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2011, 11:47:39 pm »

Dedicate certain cells to do certain tasks, creating organs. Do not do this until you have at least a couple dozen component cells. Consume sugar and cells until you can gain the required cells.
[/post]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2011, 11:52:41 pm »

Sacrifical cells like that are more for when its to late to save the "I'm b'ing eat'd!" situation...

This cell is going to divide sometime right? The adaptation isn't to save the cell being attacked (Hence the explosive caterpillar analogy) but rather to save other cells of its species elsewhere by killing whatever tried to eat it.

It would be like having your body infected by suicide bombers.

White blood cell: "Stop right there miscreant we'll have none of this rampant eating! Prepare to be lysed immediately!"
Cell with suicide sacs: "Ahh, No! Fight on my brothers! Live for me!"
*Lysosome vacuoles explode*
White blood cell: "Curse you! I can no longer contain my cytoplasm! I'm meelllting..."

*Wreckage eaten by other Suicide cells*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:55:41 pm by Draignean »
---

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2011, 12:05:37 am »

This cell is going to divide sometime right? The adaptation isn't to save the cell being attacked (Hence the explosive caterpillar analogy) but rather to save other cells of its species elsewhere by killing whatever tried to eat it.

It would be like having your body infected by suicide bombers.

White blood cell: "Stop right there miscreant we'll have none of this rampant eating! Prepare to be lysed immediately!"
Cell with suicide sacs: "Ahh, No! Fight on my brothers! Live for me!"
*Lysosome vacuoles explode*
White blood cell: "Curse you! I can no longer contain my cytoplasm! I'm meelllting..."

*Wreckage eaten by other Suicide cells*

Or in more simple terms... KABOOM!

Move west until noms are found. Eat noms.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:50 am »

Create lysing (membrane-opening) proteins (that don't affect you) and get ready for the golgi body to send them out.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2011, 02:51:21 am »

I wonder what it would take to be able to penetrate one organism, devouring it from inside?
Some kind of parasite..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20