Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What tags are needed to make a civ trade with your playable race?  (Read 1379 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.

Still working on my Dremora Citadel mod.  I'd initially thought to have Perthans in a role similar to goblins and be always hostile,  but a friend suggested that I allow them to trade with the Dremora, and not unlike elves or humans, have it possible to piss them off into war.

So that is how I would like to do it.  In looking in the raws, I'm not quite sure what tags tell the game "Hey, this civ can trade with you and be friendly if you don't piss them off!" and my Google-Fu is fail today.  If someone can point me in the right direction, I think I can take it from there.  Thanks.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: What tags are needed to make a civ trade with your playable race?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »

1) The civ should not be naturally hostile to you (BABYSNATCHER, SKULKING, inability to speak, UTTERANCES).
2) The civ should have access to animals with TRADE_CAPACITY and/or WAGON_PULLER tokens.
3) The entity should have appropriate PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X tokens to appear in fort mode.

There must be something else I am missing, but these are the main points.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

1) The civ should not be naturally hostile to you (BABYSNATCHER, SKULKING, inability to speak, UTTERANCES).
2) The civ should have access to animals with TRADE_CAPACITY and/or WAGON_PULLER tokens.
3) The entity should have appropriate PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X tokens to appear in fort mode.

There must be something else I am missing, but these are the main points.
Should probably note that BABYSNATCHER civs trade with each other, in case you want only certain civs to trade with each other. But that seems to be everything.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:29:25 pm »

Thanks everyone.  I'll probably have a dozen more questions as the process goes on.  That worked, btw.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:36:36 pm »

There shouldnt be at war, which is more or less related to the ethics system. I.e. they shouldnt be too far away from each other in the system. The wiki probably explains it in greater detail.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...