Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarven Survival Tips  (Read 5921 times)

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Survival Tips
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 10:43:48 am »

87. Magma will not satiate my thirst.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:46 am »

88. While any sort of Moat Making or construction dealing with water(Or Magma) is going on near the fort, I will wait above ground on the highest peak, or if unable I will hide in a room heavily stocked with food and drink that is able to be water-tight-locked from the rest of the fortress.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:33:30 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2011, 01:07:25 pm »

89. I will learn how to mine and carry a pick.
90. If some idiot seals me in somewhere or removes the stairs and gets me stuck, I will mine my way out instead of complaining about how hungry and thirsty I am to the uncaring darkness.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2011, 04:33:48 pm »

91. During a siege, if told to retract the main bridge via a lever I will drop any current task for the sake of me and my fellow dwarves, even if moving yet another quarry leaf meal to the stockpiles seems more important.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »

91. During a siege, if told to retract the main bridge via a lever I will drop any current task for the sake of me and my fellow dwarves, even if moving yet another quarry leaf meal to the stockpiles seems more important.

Doesn't this contradict the "I will not pull any levers ever ever ever" rule?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:12 pm »

Doesn't this contradict the "I will not pull any levers ever ever ever" rule?

Um... Exception that proves the rule?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

2. I will never pull a lever unless I know exactly what will happen if I do. Ever.
Compromise?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 08:16:33 pm »

92. I will not construct levers that could flood the entire fort.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »

93.  If orders come in to start doing massive digging projects down at the lowest reaches of the mines, and simultaniously, an order to build a support down at the lowest reaches of the mines comes through, I will grab all my belongings and loved ones and move to another fort immediately.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »

94. I will not exist in any universe that is not said by scollers to be 'vanilla', as the risk of giant fire breathing winged bulls is too great.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:54 pm »

95. I will carry a weapon on me at all times. It doesn't matter whether I know how to use it, it's not for fighting. No, see, if I am possessed by unknown forces and make a useless trade good, I will duct-tape the thing to the weapon before anyone finds out what I really made. "Amuletsword" may look really silly but it's still technically an artifact weapon.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 09:26:03 pm »

96: A hunter that chases two quarries, comes home hungry... Or dead... Normally Dead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 09:29:24 pm »

97. I will make an exception to Rule #94 for any mod that involves firearms, even and perhaps especially if the Overseer chooses to invade Hell.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 12:45:30 am »

97. I will make an exception to Rule #94 for any mod that involves firearms, even and perhaps especially if the Overseer chooses to invade Hell.

groooovy.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:27 am »

98: If leadership of the fort seems to be changing every year come springtime, I will flee to the nearest civilization on the map even if it's elves.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6