Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: writing to stay awake  (Read 825 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
writing to stay awake
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:14:40 am »

I'm bored and tired, but someone is sleeping in my bed...

Pre-logish thingy...yeah.
Once in a land unlike our own there lived men, these men faught, these men died, then a star from heaven fell and they faught no more, for once the land was beautiful, but the star braught sickness and warped death into a cruel mockery of life, the men stood united ageinst the star, but it was too powerful, and it destroyed any who touched it, and so fearing the star the men used science to try to destroyed the star, but the star was unmarred, and the science had hurt the land, and it fell sickened like the men, and the men saw the pain they had given the world and cried, and god saw the men's tears and made the angels and their home in the heavens to go to the land and fight the star, and with this was war born and given form and it ravanged the land and the men and the angels, but the star stood unchanged, and the creatures of the forests and of the sea came forth to walk on land to fight the star and the men and the angels and all hope was gone, then the eldest most powerful and beautiful of the angels seeing that the star would kill the land did strike the star with all his life and shatter them both into the fragments, and the fragments did fly out across the land and where they took ground there did life take hold and war ageinst the slaves of the extingished star...

I use commas excessively, when I'm tired, and also elipses...

More later definetlymaybeprobably*shug*...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: writing to stay awake
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:06:58 am »

Double post tehehehe...aw.

I hold Ghost close as he coughs up his own blood, the zombie made a mess of his body and his chances are about as good as mine here alone, "Looks like I wont be buying the next round." he tries to laugh but the broken ribs poking out make it more of a gurgle, "F**king demon smashed me good." he grabs my hand, and squeezes the hunk of metal ito it, the thing we came out here for, that got us killed, "Take it home...", "Dont... your going to be fine..." I tell him, feeling the tears streaming down my face, "...Your gonna make it back, and that round aint gonna buy itself.", "Dont kid me, I'm gone..." he coughs up more blood, and I can see the parasite squirming in his spilt guts, "...I love you..." he says and I dont have words to say... I kiss him, for the first time...for the last time..."I love you to..."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »

Why is someone sleeping in your bed?

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

You should take a lesson for the dwarves. They sleep anywhere. Even on the mud, the grass, the rocks.
Also,
Why is someone sleeping in your bed?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27:42 pm »

Someone is sleeping in my bed, because my mother is nuts and the squaters (my family) that normally stay over her house, are sick of her and her new black excon boyfriend... and they all migrated to stay at my fathers (who I pay rent to live in his trailer), who only has two beds, and a long couch to sleep on, and there were five people here, so it was either stay up till somebody whent to work or sleep on the floor, which is not something I like to do...and now I woke up very late and my scedule is wrong.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:41 am »

"I'm gonna die out here alone." I tell myself over again, as I creep past yet another zombie, and duck into a building, "I've got to get above street level, see where I am." I fly up a flight of stair and bust down a door, right into a giant crab, "F**K!" I dodge a grab from one of its giant claws and take a shot at it's eyes with my pistol but miss, it grabs my leg, and I manage a hit on its right eye, the monster flails in pain and I go flying...I wake up to see the massive Anastasios move in overhead to block out the sun, "Great, not only am I not dead, its dark.", I sit up and notice at least one of my ribs is broken, I stand up and vomit, "If I make it out of this that didnt happen." I look around. Home looms off to my left, the crab has run off and I cant see it, "Small mercies..." I pull the fragment from my pocket, its surface shimmers and hops around, "Lets get you home..."