Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tame Cougar = Safe Cougar?  (Read 6219 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tame Cougar = Safe Cougar?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 08:43:52 pm »

(irregardless of whether or not the Dungeon Master arrival is bugged).

It's absurd that a creature remains infertile until the dm's arrival and is yet another reason to get rid of the pet_exotic tag. I recommend using something like notepad++ to open all creature files and replace [PET_EXOTIC] with [PET] automatically; doing it by hand would be a pain in the ass.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »

Oh yeah, irregardless isn't a word...  Brilliant!

Notepad++ is my friend.  I think I shall do that modding for the purpose of breeding as I agree, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense unless you argue that tamed creatures nobody knows how to care for aren't very good at breeding on their own considerably outside their natural habitats.  I'd love to capture and tame creatures myself but I'd only do any taming once I met the requirements for the Dungeon Master anyway.  That's just my sense of playing to the game I guess.  Thanks for the tips!
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

Great cat cubs thus take three years to mature,
Man, I need to run my fortresses a little quicker. I have two different kinds of giant cat in my current one and never even noticed it was taking three years.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]