Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiplayer and Creature ferociousness  (Read 671 times)

GrayFoxUA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiplayer and Creature ferociousness
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:02:44 pm »

I have an idea for multiplayer. What if Dwarf Fortress has a multiplayer mode, in which you enter a lobby and in the lobby there are games which can be private/public. Each game is a different world created by the creator of the game. In the game up to 10 players can play. Each player controls a fortress of dwarves/goblins/humans/tree huggers elves. There can be different game modes such as trading, gaining a certain amount of wealth, or just plain sandbox style gaming. Every 5-10 minutes the game can be automatically set to be paused for the players to catch up with any work. The game world can even be adventure mode (can be turn based) where players do quests/fun. When all players want to log off game can  be saved and continued at a convenient time.

My second idea (and probably the one that might be considered in future versions) is that creatures such as elephants and the undead can be returned to their d40 status of dominance over the world. They should be hard to kill like before. Whenever I look for a challenge in undead areas from zombies or skeletons my dwarves just plough through the undead upon embark.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer and Creature ferociousness
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:09:26 pm »

If you don't search for something that common, you should be subjected to ridicule.

Elephants kill armored foes easily. Zombies on embark aren't that easy, they kill before weapons are picked up.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer and Creature ferociousness
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:20:00 pm »

yes. yes, YES! I would love to kill out a village with another murderer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND