Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 83

Author Topic: At the Dawn of Time discussion thread (Need a replacement player!)  (Read 54654 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: [AOR-like] At the Dawn of Time (All slots claimed)
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »

BLARGABLARG. Changed their race name too then to the hinor.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 03:10:09 pm »

city name: Ser`kash
race: Kasrs. a race of bipedal lizardmen who stand 2m tall and are covered in thick scales that harden when scarred and are muscular and possesing the fang and talons of predators but also their brain causing them to be effective killers but making innovative thinking harder plus they arent built for speed and have an great fear of the spinning storms that ravaged the Kasrs along with all storms that exists but those storms also lit the fires that the Kasrs use.

city description: The Kasrs have taken refuge in a massive temple with an glowing core that gives of an hypnotic light and is considered a sacred relic of the skylords.

society: the Kasr hierachy is founded on two things, brains and brawn the brainy make the the objects the brawny kill animals, and other things with and take back to the temple for the blood ceremony that is made to soothe the skylords who reside in the temples core so that they will spare them from lightnings and storms. In the society the biggest Kasr becomes leader of the tribe and the smartest becomes leader of the artisans.

history: Once the Kasrs were the apex predator of an jungle far to the west. But an unknown tribe came, armed with tools the Kasrs could not understand and by using fire the unknown almost managed to almost hunt the Kasrs to extinction but then something happened. Something called for the survivors and made them cross the lands bonding and living together and finding the fire that the storms left behind. together they just barely reached the temple of the skylords and the temple promised them slaughter, blood, and the blessing of the skies so now they reside in the temple waiting for the temple to speak and guide them to glory as it have already taught them about the fire the unknown used.

City surroundings:mountains in the west with a plain in the north and a body of water to the south and a deep lush jungle to the east.

got tired of trying to make the Asurs to work. i havent changed any features on the map so dont worry
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:42:16 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »

That looks okay, but do they really not have fire? That puts them pre-stone age when everyone else is in the late neolithic. Kind of crippling.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »

You could probably just assume they advanced a fair amount after reaching the temple, especially once they'd seen tools and such in action for inspiration.

That aside, how goes it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 05:14:01 pm »

Decently. Everyone's civs are a lot vaguer than usual, which was kind of the point, but it is making it trickier to design everyone's setup and not make them all pretty much the same. Getting there, though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »

I cant wait to see how this turns out posting to watch and get spot on waiting list

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 05:23:17 pm »

I don't know how well considering what Vanigo has to work with...

Sorry Vanigo! :(

Wish I had more time to put in an entry...

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »

Okay, here are the starting setups I've got for you. If something looks wrong, speak right up. Once we're done with such corrections, we can get started.

Spoiler: Ljus Faller (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochitans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sidamaru (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sunstone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ser'kash (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xeniice (click to show/hide)

Also: Could everyone pick a color for the world map?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:11:26 pm by Vanigo »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 07:56:08 pm »

World map=green preferably.
Also, what do the various colors represent? I would guess green=forest, gray=mounain, brown=hills and plains(?) yellow=desert blue=water. But i could be wrong about some of that.

Methinks my city looks superz. And im all for getting this party started.

EDIT: i thought you were asking a terrain color for the world map (and green is obviously the best color for that), stupid me. I choose red for my dudez.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:00:53 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 07:59:02 pm »

Sweet, I could be offensive now! But no, not now... And the terrain for me is perfect, only ever so slightly concerned about stone but Ill cope. Yeah, the brown is hills I guess..?

Light green for me then.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 08:01:39 pm »

Yeah, but i got two different browns on my map, one of them is hills pretty much for sure but the other...

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 08:03:02 pm »

Yeah, he detailed everything in the 2nd post of this thread but I believe he forgot to explain the colors. There is "Terrain Types" but doesn't explain what the colors are for the terrains.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »

Oh, yellow is plains, green is forest, gray is mountains, the reddish-brown is hills, and the lighter brown is desert. Blue, obviously, is water.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 08:23:57 pm »

So i could gather leather, turn that into cloth, and consume it in the same turn right?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:47 pm »

Yes. You gather and refine resources before you do construction, and consumption happens at the very end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 83