Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liberal Research  (Read 1643 times)

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liberal Research
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:16 pm »

We can convert Lab Techs and Eminent Scientists right now.  We can also have our recruits learn scientific skills at university.  Perhaps we should be able to fund some research of our own.  There is precedent for 'underground science' of a sort.  While not as rigorous as an academic environment, a few areas stand out where an outsider can make a dent, especially if they have access to the Liberal Guardian's printing press.  Drug policy, pollution, and nuclear power stand out.

Perhaps we should be able to assign liberals to do research.  I would suggest it should cost a certain amount per day.  Every day, the researchers would apply progress (based on their science skills) towards producing a 'Liberal Research' item.  The Liberal Research item should be featurable in the Liberal Guardian.  Though it surely couldn't be as powerful as stealing evidence of the enemy's crimes, it has the advantage of (probably) being legal (depending on the state of the law).  Alternatively, this could work like graffiti murals.  The researchers start work on 'a marijuana research project' or 'a pollution research project' and eventually publish it, shifting public opinion a small amount every time they finish a project.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the blood god, for it is a dwarven number.  It's number is five-hundred and eighty nine.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53222.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Research
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:42:49 pm »

Marijuana cures cancer!  Join the LCS today, and you too can fight to cure cancer!

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »

Eh, I wasn't thinking results THAT dramatic.  :P
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the blood god, for it is a dwarven number.  It's number is five-hundred and eighty nine.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53222.0

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »

like,Pahnke's good friday expeiment?
or holding a dollar auction to show them how conservative business fail.

or The Three Christs of Ypsilanti]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

I quite like this idea.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 10:14:09 pm »

I always thought Liberal Science should also lead to Liberal Explosives.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:06:17 pm »

I always thought Liberal Science should also lead to Liberal Explosives.

Liberals prove the folly of Conservative thinking by adding alcohol to gasoline, then applying it to the inside of the AM Radio Station?

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »

How about being able to upgrade drugs? Brownies and interrogation hallucinogens would be cheaper and more effective. Perhaps desiging a new drug would make it legal for a while and it's criminalization would shift public opinion towards liberal?