Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Money Making Idea] How about an Underground Fight Club?  (Read 14591 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [Money Making Idea] How about an Underground Fight Club?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

This might seem silly, but the concept could vary according to the status of certain laws. As such, it'd have five separate levels. For example...

Arch-Conservative >> Colosseum - Involves fighting possibly more than one opponent and/or genetic monsters, unarmed or wielding melee weapons. Combat doesn't stop until one side is dead.
Conservative >> Extreme wrestling stadium - One-on-one unarmed fighting to the death. No genetic aberrations (except the mutant you might be able to sneak in!).
Moderate >> Boxing ring - One-on-one unarmed fighting that's generally stopped before one party dies.
Liberal >> Wrestling association - One-on-one unarmed fighting that's certainly stopped way before death. There's also an underground combat ring that works as the moderate-stage boxing ring.
Elite Liberal >> Nothing legal, but the underground fight club has grown harsher, and works under the rules of the conservative-stage extreme wrestling stadium.
Actually this is something I very much endorse... I think at elite liberal it can turn in some types of friendly sports stadium, but the idea is awesome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 05:02:56 pm »

This might seem silly, but the concept could vary according to the status of certain laws. As such, it'd have five separate levels. For example...

Arch-Conservative >> Colosseum - Involves fighting possibly more than one opponent and/or genetic monsters, unarmed or wielding melee weapons. Combat doesn't stop until one side is dead.
Conservative >> Extreme wrestling stadium - One-on-one unarmed fighting to the death. No genetic aberrations (except the mutant you might be able to sneak in!).
Moderate >> Boxing ring - One-on-one unarmed fighting that's generally stopped before one party dies.
Liberal >> Wrestling association - One-on-one unarmed fighting that's certainly stopped way before death. There's also an underground combat ring that works as the moderate-stage boxing ring.
Elite Liberal >> Nothing legal, but the underground fight club has grown harsher, and works under the rules of the conservative-stage extreme wrestling stadium.
Actually this is something I very much endorse... I think at elite liberal it can turn in some types of friendly sports stadium, but the idea is awesome.
For Elite Liberal, I'd imagine they'd have fully staged "fights", as a totally safe version of the Liberal Wrestling Association. The Elite Liberal Fight Choreography Center?

The fight club in Fight Club was pretty much not-about-money and was in many ways defined by just how not-about-money it was.
Until the end when it turned into a terrorist organization.

Wait a minute. :o
====> Liberal Crime Squad: Be Operation Mayhem
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mahou Shoujo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 05:34:05 pm »

Arch-conservative policies should probably affect it so the contestants are child slaves fighting genetically altered animals with flamethrowers. At elite liberal it should be pretty tame wrestling that's completely unionized and enforces gender equality.

So, animal rights, labor laws, corporate law, gun control, women's rights, and human rights would all have effects.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »

Deon is right. Remember Rome and the gladiators? It's in people's nature to be sadistic in that way.

In Rome it wasn't as much sadism as it was in dual proportion an ancient rite to the dead and a way of exercising and displaying their superiority as a class over the gladiators. But yeah, the basic principle is correct, people like conflict.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 04:06:12 pm »

Just look at today Wrestling movement, which is mostly a show, but people still love to watch it because muscled guys and girls do nothing but swear and kick each other in hillarious ways :).

Actually I would imagine a liberal fighting/wrestling show as some kind of a real "show", without contestants hurting each other, but playing for public.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

Perhaps the Elite Liberal equivalent of a fight club would be Jerry Springer?

Under Elite Liberal society, the populace is encouraged to say anything, but to be non-violent.  So, fighting would probably be by insult.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »

I think the Elite Liberal fight club should be a battle of wits, not fists. In simplified words, I think it should be Liberals debating Liberal stuff.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:45 pm »

I think the Elite Liberal fight club should be a battle of wits, not fists. In simplified words, I think it should be Liberals debating Liberal stuff.
I think it would be a little more like this.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 [2]