Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?  (Read 25601 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:08 am »

Hey dudes, just to let you know, now that I'm not in any active games, that I'm changing my username. "Zathras" was fun, but has overstayed his welcome.

Taking a cue from Toaster, Vector and others, I've realised that a short generic noun is the best choice for a forum username, so I'll abandon this account, and start being active on the other one. It's still me, and I only use one account at a time.

No one ever listens to Zathras, so he wrote a book...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:03:24 am by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Zathras is dead, long live Book!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:52 am »

Yeah, good riddance to Zathras, you hard to spell obscure reference, you. All hail Book, fountain of wisdom... or something.

"Books are not made to be believed, but to be subjected to inquiry." -- Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose (said by character William of Baskerville).

"This is not a book to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force." -- Dorothy Parker.

"Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier." -- Kathleen Norris, Hands Full of Living.

"That ain't a Shepherd." -- Jubal Early
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:36:07 am »

"Book" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Maybe that's just because I like Z more than B. Oh well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 02:37:01 am »

I liked Zathras better, tbh.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 02:40:36 am »

Heh... I liked it too, but it kinda grated on me after a while... I think I like the generic-noun idea better... Person.  8-)

It will take a bit getting used to, but I've been thinking about it for a while, and now there's the opportunity of not doing it in the middle of a game, so I ran with it. I like one-syllable names.

Book.  Booooooook. Sounds kinda spooky, eh?

Boooooooook.   8-)
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 02:45:01 am »

If you PM Toady I think he can change your username if you want to keep your post count.

But now you are completely generic to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:48:08 am »

I'd rather not bug Toady more, dude's busy making great stuff, and I feel badly bothering him with trivial forum crap.

And generic is good. A fresh start is a welcome thing. It was my New Year resolution for this forum, but I didn't count with BYOR5.5 taking bloody ages and I didn't want to do it mid-game. Book will construct his own history until I'm no longer that generic to you, Jim darling.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:09:16 am »

From the thread title I thought that this is some bastard mod, like 'Kill webadict now!'  :(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:27:36 am »

From the thread title I thought that this is some bastard mod, like 'Kill webadict now!'  :(
You'll never kill me, I'm the gingerbread man.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 10:13:01 am »

I guess I should read the whole forum before asking you silly questions in other threads.

Boooooooook.   8-)

Hmmmm...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:20 pm »

You'll never kill me, I'm the gingerbread man.

This may become my sig.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:44:40 pm »

If you PM Toady I think he can change your username
He can. I speak as the master of this subject.

I'd rather not bug Toady more, dude's busy making great stuff, and I feel badly bothering him with trivial forum crap.
A PM asking for a name change does not affect his workload much if at all. It's a very quick process. Also, it's less confusing for the rest of us. Also, if you get your name changed rather than creating multiple accounts, you can easily edit your old posts (for example, the lurker tracker thread).

Creating multiple accounts is just a silly thing to do if the only reason you're doing it is to have a different screen-name.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 10:51:41 pm »

Zaithemaster, yes? Yeah, I thought about it, but it's not really worth the effort. Sure, Toady can, and does, help with bits like these, but still, I'd rather not give him one more little thing to do. Let him use his limited time how he wishes without my further interference.

The Zathras account still exists and I'll use it to update the lurkertracker source when needed; indeed if a full rewrite is ever done, a new thread would be better.

As for the rest, well, Boogie has asked you not to be confoosed for a long time. ;-)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 10:59:45 pm »

Zaithemaster, yes? Yeah, I thought about it, but it's not really worth the effort. Sure, Toady can, and does, help with bits like these, but still, I'd rather not give him one more little thing to do. Let him use his limited time how he wishes without my further interference.

The Zathras account still exists and I'll use it to update the lurkertracker source when needed; indeed if a full rewrite is ever done, a new thread would be better.

As for the rest, well, Boogie has asked you not to be confoosed for a long time. ;-)
No no no. His name was ZAITH. Get it right, or don't get it at all!

Kids these days...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 07:47:08 pm »

Zaithemaster, yes?
No no no. His name was ZAITH. Get it right, or don't get it at all!
Yeah that was it. Zaithemaster would be a silly name.

Anyway. I kind of wish I had preserved my name-changing PMs to/from Toady. I don't ever remember deleting the messages I sent to him, but I do remember deleting pre-2010 messages that were received, and I got my name changed near the end of 2009.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14