Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 490251 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Introductions made, prologue underway.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:39 am »

Continue scanning and fixing
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:36 am »

"Fuckin' thing...." Dominique muttered under her breath as she swiped the card for the third time. Again, there was no luck. So not only are they asking me to do something dangerous, they give me faulty fucking equipment too. Just great. She set her jaw and took a step back.

Shit. Wish I knew this area better. Maybe there's another way around. But as far as she knew this was the only way through, and she just wanted to get this job over and done with so she wouldn't have to worry about what that silver stuff was. For now, she looked around for something suitably large and heavy to smash the control panel with.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 04:13:38 pm »

Try to get into the shelves.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 06:59:58 pm »

Character: Tarran Smith

Try to get into the shelves.

Well you aren't going to do that from here, you exit the bay and head up the stairs. You know roughly where you're going but you aren't sure what you're looking for. [Intuition Roll 2]  You wander through several older and disused corridors but don't find anything. This is getting ridiculous, maybe you should just have somebody send a message and go back to bed. [Luck Roll 4] Wait... Out of the corner of your eye you spot a piece of the wall that juts out a little farther than the rest. A little bit of very quiet scraping later you uncover the shape of an old air vent large enough to crawl through. Finally some good luck and it's about time. You crouch down and use your knife to free the edge of the crawl vent from the concrete paint job. [Dexterity Roll 2] While working on the vent you stab yourself in the hand, [Luck roll 5] it isn't serious though and while painful it won't effect your abilities -3 HP. After a bit of work you've managed to get enough of it free to try and pull out.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

--------

Character: Taric Sizier

Continue scanning and fixing

You continue your route around the room trying to find something wrong. [Mechanics roll 4+2], [Intuition roll 2+2]. You have enough information between your two scans to find what you're looking for. You already know the room is unpowered, but it appears that none of the circuitry is damaged. The power has instead been diverted, it seems that whenever main power is activated it will automatically read as an overload and shunt off to a reserve battery. Great, clever and bitchy.

It would be a trivial matter to adjust it from the tower's power control level in the middle of the building more than 74 stories up, but it's Technocrat only and getting caught there would be more than dangerous. It could be possible to adjust the overload detection levels at public terminal, but it would be both very difficult and there is a chance that you would be detected in your alterations.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---------

Character: Trol Grane

Head down to the vaults.

You head down to the vaults, passing several people talking, laughing, and gambling. [Failed Roll Not Shown] You nod to several fellow addicts and take the elevator, taking it down to the vaults. It stops at most floors in between and you feel a powerful urge to step out at each of the gambling floors. [Will check 4] This is no time for gambling, after the job maybe... but not now. Everyone else has already departed by the time it reaches the vaults. This level is much larger than it appears, but nearly everyone only gets to see this first area. It's a wide room with a chest high counter separating you from the three employees currently on duty. There isn't anything between you and them except for a soft, almost imperceptible golden glow. The Seventh World spares no expense for the safety of its goods. Lorenzo is on duty and gives you a dour frown, you really aren't sure if he has ever had another expression come naturally to his face.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

----------

Characters: Dominique Wakeman

"Fuckin' thing...." Dominique muttered under her breath as she swiped the card for the third time. Again, there was no luck. So not only are they asking me to do something dangerous, they give me faulty fucking equipment too. Just great. She set her jaw and took a step back.

Shit. Wish I knew this area better. Maybe there's another way around. But as far as she knew this was the only way through, and she just wanted to get this job over and done with so she wouldn't have to worry about what that silver stuff was. For now, she looked around for something suitably large and heavy to smash the control panel with.

This has not been your day, all of the welding scrap you have is in sheets to do the patch job with, so you cast around for something more substantial to use. [Luck roll 4] It was hard to see with this damn helmet on but there is a well used crowbar propped up by the door. Upon further observation the left side of the door has several deep gouges in the metal where dozens of people have apparently used the same crowbar to upon the damn door. Time to add your own marks. [Strength roll 5+1] You thrust the crowbar into the point where the door meets the wall and slam all of your weight against it, the door screams in protest but slides back a foot back into the wall with surprising speed. [Endurance Roll 5] You push the door the rest of the way open without major effort, you feel a bit better now that you've gotten to relieve some of your stress against an inanimate object. The man standing a dozen feet inside the room seems a little stunned at your display of strength, a good thing too as he doesn't seem the pleasant sort. His age and height are difficult as he is both hunched over and ugly as hell from the burns and scars on every part of his body, he's wearing a makeshift bodysuit that seems to be made from several different partial maintenance uniforms. In is hand is what for the life of you appears to be a large ceramic ladle, a ladle filled halfway to the brim with the same silver glob you saw earlier. [Agility roll 4 Vs 2] You recover from your shock more quickly, the first move is yours.     

Unknown Human is startled, -1 on next roll.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knowledge Added (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:57:23 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »

Take aim at the Deadheads.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 07:47:47 pm »

Tarran, I'm surprised you didn't notice the misspelling of your name. ::)
Anyway, talk to Lorenzo.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »

Eh. Just kinda didn't pay any attention since the joke's so damn old and I've got a character named Tarren in another RTD that I've kinda gotten used to it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:24:23 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:24 pm »

Startled, Dominique adjusted her hold on the crowbar so she was wielding it with two hands. Huh. Maybe a red shift'll be more fun than I thought. She grinned and charged forward. Whatever this Mite was up to, it probably wasn't good. Bastard was probably responsible for what happened to the other team, and even if he wasn't, he definitely had no business down here. She ended her charge with a heavy swing towards the man's head; the quicker she put him down, the quicker she could report it and get her job done.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »

Find that technocrat (The weird one)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:02 am »

Eh. Just kinda didn't pay any attention since the joke's so damn old and I've got a character named Tarren in another RTD that I've kinda gotten used to it.

I apologize, I spell phoenetically when touch typing. :(

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Startled, Dominique adjusted her hold on the crowbar so she was wielding it with two hands. Huh. Maybe a red shift'll be more fun than I thought. She grinned and charged forward. Whatever this Mite was up to, it probably wasn't good. Bastard was probably responsible for what happened to the other team, and even if he wasn't, he definitely had no business down here. She ended her charge with a heavy swing towards the man's head; the quicker she put him down, the quicker she could report it and get her job done.

You charge the man Crowbar leading, [2 Vs. 3-1] your double handed swipe hits only air as the mite throws himself out of the way of the crowbar, barely avoiding getting his skull cracked. [Mites Dex roll 4] The mite manages to recover without spilling much of the silver fluid, but only just. Off balance he tries to fling the bubbling goo on you. [4-1 Vs 3] You dodge to the side only just getting out of the way, [Dex roll 2-1] but your encumbering bodysuit fouls you and you topple to the ground. Without a weapon the mite flees, diving into a maintenance chute before you can rise. [Failed roll hidden]     

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
------------

Character: Trol Grane

talk to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo isn't much one for conversation, his information is brief but full. Sasha Fehrogost lives in one of the nicer buildings, a few rings out from the center of the city. You can be there by rail in a half an hour. She lives in the 128th Story of her building and works only a few stories above that in solar calibration. Mr. Kahy will leave the manner of her death to you, he will make sure people know why she dies, all you have to do is kill her. Lorenzo has already prepped your box, and he slides it over the counter to you.

Spoiler: Items In Box (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knowledge Added (click to show/hide)

----

Character: Tarran Smith

Take aim at the Deadheads.

You managed to make your way through the crawl duct [Luck Roll 1] but judging from the sudden abatement of light from behind you some enterprising soul has decided to put the vent back into place behind you. Maintenance has probably already been called, you'll have to find another way out once you're done. Hopefully one that isn't concreted over like this one. [Intuition Roll 4] you manage to find the exit you are looking for, but crawling through the vents took more out of you than you expected. Stamina -5 [Dex roll 4+1] You are able to silently remove the grating over the shelf and crawl down. Man it looks like a lot longer fall from here. Laying prone you grab your SMG and aim in on one of the Deadheads. Wait... some idiot is actually trying to engage in conversation with one of the Deadheads. It won't interfere with your shot but he's bound to notice something when the other one drops. [Failed roll not shown]

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

--------

Character: Taric Sizier

Find that technocrat (The weird one)

Well you can't do anything about the power from here, might as well investigate the nosy technocrat. You enter the makeshift Hydroponics bay but you don't see him. [Intuition roll 4] You realize that while most people here are too busy to notice or remember where and when he went, the Deadheads will have perfect records. Since the two by the entrance to storage have a better view of the exits you decide to ask them. [Int Check 3+1] for them to respond the question has to be phrased properly, 'where is the nosy technocrat' will probably get you reported. You don't know any of them man's defining characteristics so you start generally. "List people who have come in through that door." you ask pointing at the entrance. The Deadhead briefly eyes your clearance badge and then spits out a list of names, too general a question so you cut it off before it finishes. "Okay okay, drop the names of the Hydroponics staff and only in the last five hours." the Deadhead processes for a moment before replying "Guest I.D 219433031".  That's probably who you're looking for. "Alright, which door did the subject leave through." It's answer is immediate. "Invalid." You stare at the machine for a moment before asking to specify why the query was invalid. "Guest 219433031 is still in the room, Subject left and returned through alternate... portal." The machine pauses for a moment over the last word as if it wasn't sure of the correct term. You are getting more than a little tired of this "Specify Subject's location." you ask irritated. The Deadhead doesn't take it's eyes off the plants but instead points with it's left arm at the ceiling. [Observation Roll 3] At first you think the machine has gone a little haywire but then you see the shape of something near the ceiling. [Intuition roll 3] You get a bad feeling about that something.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:18:45 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 01:22:00 am »

Look around for the Technocrat

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 01:24:32 am »

"Slippery little..." Dom muttered as she got back to her feet and walked over to the maintenance chute. Wonder if I could just plug this thing up. She was sure she had seen a few sheets of metal outside, near where she had grabbed the crowbar. Maybe she could find something suitable and use the welding tool to close off the opening. At least until she was finished, anyway.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:37 am »

I know this is bad in Metagaming perspective, but this is what my character would do, so I'm doing it.

Pew pew the deadheads. Gun them down as quickly and silently as possible.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 01:35:37 am »

I know this is bad in Metagaming perspective, but this is what my character would do, so I'm doing it.

People in a book don't suddenly get wise to the enemie's plan just because the reader knows about it.  ;D I had rather hoped you'd choose this one. Now let's hope you don't shoot Taric by accident.
---
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 602