Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 490458 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Introductions made, prologue underway.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 02:30:12 am »

Character: Tarran Smith

Pew pew the deadheads. Gun them down as quickly and silently as possible.

You exhale and take your time to aim in on the first Deadhead, [Marksman roll 3+3] the gun pushes against your shoulder and the first Deadhead drops as if boneless. You quickly shift your focus to the second Deadhead [Marksman roll 1+1] you pull the trigger early while you're still shifting. [Luck roll 1] You manage to hit pretty much everyone except for the Deadhead. Uttering a constant stream of soft obscenity you try for a third burst. [Marksman roll 4+2] You pull the trigger just as the Deadhead manages to triangulate your position from your fire pattern, as it looks at you your burst of needles catches it in the face. It collapses making unhealthy popping noises. You try to reload quickly from prone [Dex roll 1] you fumble the clip and it drops off the lip of the shelf. The stream of obscenities continues.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

------

Character: Taric Sizier

Look around for the Technocrat

You shake your head trying to ignore the feeling in your gut. It was just the fact that there was no dawn to watch, it doesn't mean anything. You turn away from the deadheads, planning on finding the Technocrat with or without the help of defective semi-corpses. Without warning one of the guards collapses, [Luck Roll 3] you have enough time to register surprise at the guards collapse before two points of pain erupt in your arm. HP -12 [NPC luck roll 3] several people near you also cry out clutching limbs. The deadhead nearest you looks up [Intuition 4+1-1 pain] at something and collapses, with a sick feeling you realize it was looking at the same spot the other guard pointed at earlier. As if some higher power is giving you a sign telling you that someone is up there something small falls from the dark shape and hits the ground with a clatter. 

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Slippery little..." Dom muttered as she got back to her feet and walked over to the maintenance chute. Wonder if I could just plug this thing up. She was sure she had seen a few sheets of metal outside, near where she had grabbed the crowbar. Maybe she could find something suitable and use the welding tool to close off the opening. At least until she was finished, anyway.

You think you can spare a couple minutes to make sure that nothing comes out of this chute when you aren't looking. [Observation roll 4] You find a sheet of suitable size from the set you remembered and place it over the hole. You clip the crowbar onto your belt and [mechanics roll 4+1] power the Arc welder quickly making a few strong welds to hold the sheet in place using a minimum of power. If something tries to bash that off you'll hear it long before it gets out. Serves those bastards right. 

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:32:44 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 02:39:05 am »

...Whoops.

Jump down and shout out: "Err, frack, sorry, I didn't mean to shoot all of you! Anyone not full of needles, you have my permission go get help. Though if you tell anyone that I'm the one that shot you all, we're going to have a talk." Then proceed to pick up my dropped clip and load my gun again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 02:47:42 am »

Attend to my wounds.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 03:30:04 am »

Jump down and shout out: "Err, frack, sorry, I didn't mean to shoot all of you! Anyone not full of needles, you have my permission go get help. Though if you tell anyone that I'm the one that shot you all, we're going to have a talk." Then proceed to pick up my dropped clip and load my gun again.

You heroically jump off the platform and straight into 27ft fall. [Luck 4] As you fall you manage catch the lip of a hanging planter and swing off that, canceling a little of your momentum. [Dexterity roll 3+1] You hit the ground on all fours [Soak roll 3] the impact jarrs you quite a bit, hopefully you won't need to due any precise work soon. You stand up Renfield in hand and announce "frack, sorry, I didn't mean to shoot all of you! Anyone not full of needles, you have my permission go get help. Though if you tell anyone that I'm the one that shot you all, we're going to have a talk." [Speech check 4] Most of them seem to get the picture, the project leader however seems too enraged to even speak. You don't need your keen intuition to tell you that she's going to be trouble in a couple minutes. You cast around for your clip [Observation 3] and find it a dozen feet away, the two Deadheads guarding the entrance to the main hydroponics bay however seem to be taking offense to you shooting the personnel and dropping from the ceiling with a SMG. Seeing as they've drawn heavy batons and are advancing you feel it prudent to use the clip you still have to reload.

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: On ground nearby (click to show/hide)

----

Attend to my wounds.

Your arm hurts, a lot. Still you manage to assess the damage pretty well, the one in you upper arm was a clean shot through the flesh and will need some anti-septic later but it isn't that bad and there isn't anything you can do for it right now. The spike in your forearm is a different matter altogether. You can just see the gleam of metal from inside the tiny wound, and judging from the way you feel sick every time you touch the skin near it the spike is embedded in the bone. [Endurance Roll 3] You grab the tip of the tiny spike with your thumb and forefinger, ignoring the sudden wash of pain and nausea, you pull back sharply on the spike. It comes free [Endurance roll 3] but you nearly black out from the mind bending agony of pulling it out. You are vaguely aware that somebody just dropped from the ceiling and said something... good for them. You try to avoid blacking out and/or puking.

Taric is in Severe pain, his rolls for next turn are at -2 unless he makes an endurance save of 4 or better.

Spoiler: On ground nearby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:35:02 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 03:42:05 am »

"Goddammit, nothing is going my way."

Mow down the Deadheads while walking slowly towards the other clip.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets trigger happy.
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:40 am »

"Hold your fire, my mothers the project manager", Stay conscious
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »

"Meh..." Dom said, observing the finished product. Good enough for government work, as they said. Time to find out what the real problem to fix was. If she had to guess, she was sure there was a leak of that mercury-looking liquid, and she had to patch it. So she went back to get another sheet of metal and then look around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 03:41:43 pm »

"Hold your fire, my mothers the project manager", Stay conscious

You prop yourself up and [Endurance roll 4] manage to push the pain of your arm away. You realize that the man who just dropped from the ceiling is holding a gun and is pointing it at the other end of the room, you have no clue what he's about to do but you've got a pretty shrewd idea it isn't going to be very nice. [Diplomacy Roll 2] Your first concern is for your family, and you yell at the gunman to hold his fire. He doesn't seem to be listening and opens fire.

Pain no longer affecting you.   

-----

Mow down the Deadheads while walking slowly towards the other clip.

You hope the Deadhead's processors are older models [Luck Roll 2], unfortunately they handily shatter that hope by breaking into a run. "Goddammit, nothing is going my way." You mutter beginning to wish you really had stayed in bed. One of the Hydroponics personnel says something to you, [Diplomacy 2 Vs Will 4]  but you ignore it and focus on gunning down the Deadheads. [Quick shot roll 5+1, confirm critical roll 3+1, Confirmed] Your aim is perfect and the full ten spikes pierce the Deadhead's brain-case. (Deadhead CPU -73) Its head catches fire and it collapses jerking wildly. The other one is still moving fast as you adjust your aim, [Quick shot roll 2] the shot is bad and only one of the spikes hits. (Dead head -5HP) [Luck roll 2] [NPC intuition roll 2] Apparently most of the staff has already forgotten your propensity for collateral damage and they don't hit the deck fast enough. Several spikes bury themselves in various personnel on that side of the room, including but not limited to Tarics mother. [Bethany's Luck roll 6] The spike tears her cheek, causing only about enough pain to shock her out of her disbelieving fury.       

Bethany will attack you at the next opportunity with whatever she has on hand. You called her staff Ass-monkeys, you wandered around staring at people, you shot her son, you started a fire in her workstation, and you just shot her. She is not a happy camper.

The Deadhead will be able to strike you in melee next round.

Spoiler: At feet (click to show/hide)

-----

Character: Trol Grane

talk to Lorenzo.

You look through your stuff satisfied that it's all there, still you have some doubts about the job. You don't know why but you decide to use Lorenzo as a sounding board. [Speech Roll 3 Vs Will 5] You talk to him for a while about how you did this for the first time just to get out of debt, besides that first guy really was a bastard. You did it so you would be free and clean to help the people you though needed helping, you know? Lorenzo stares at you impassively.  [Intuition roll 1] Taking this as a sign to continue you go on about how your Mother got deported when you were little for breaking your fathers arm and emasculating him. You tell him how your dad got deported after that for chronic alcoholism. [Will roll 4] You manage to not break down while you talk about the rest your childhood and how you think that influenced the rest of your life. That first time when you discovered cards and gambling, that time when you were 13 and broke that mites jaw with a lead pipe because he couldn't pay you, the first time you starting trying to help people get what they want and to hell with the Technocracy.[Lorenzo's Will roll 2] Lorenzo doesn't seem to be able to take this anymore. "Get what you need for the job, and get out. When the girl is dead, come back. If you open your mouth again for something personal I will rip the tongue from your head and choke you with it. Are we abundantly clear?"

(In future it might help if I knew what you wanted to talk about.  :-\ )

Spoiler: In Box (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

------

Character: Dominique Wakeman

"Meh..." Dom said, observing the finished product. Good enough for government work, as they said. Time to find out what the real problem to fix was. If she had to guess, she was sure there was a leak of that mercury-looking liquid, and she had to patch it. So she went back to get another sheet of metal and then look around.

You're about to get a sheet of metal to make whatever repairs you need to do with but remember that you've got a set of repair scrap already clipped onto your suit. Whoops. From this first room there are three exits besides the one you came in from, the symbols above them have long since suffered heavy corrosion damage and are all but unreadable. [Intuition 5] You might not know why it does it but you keenly remember the properties of the silver stuff the Mite was using, using handspan of scrap metal you scrape up a bit of the slime and [Dex roll 5-1] deposit a small bit where each of the marks should be. [Luck roll 4] The silver stuff burns through the rust and grime as expected, revealing most of the Maintenance symbols. The first door leads to a gas exchange pump that keeps the air here sort of clean, the second is primary water treatment, and the third door leads to the secondary systems for this level. The chute you just welded closed led to an incenerator, obviously defunct now if the mite used to escape. [Intuition 4] You think it's kind of strange that a blow-out in primaries would cause damage to the secondary systems if they're that separate.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »

Man. Just... Man.

"I REALLY WISH I HAD STAYED IN BED TODAY GODDAMMIT! Oh, and you there, yeah, you, manager, don't you f-ing think about attacking me or your son will have -1 mother! I am NOT in the mood to deal with you right now!"

Kill the last Dead Head. ACTUALLY TRY TO AVOID SHOOTING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR ONCE.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »

I really look forward to the point when the group is forced to team up... Tarran and Taric are going to be nine kinds of fun when they're in the same room.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 04:49:03 pm »

I really look forward to the point when the group is forced to team up... Tarran and Taric are going to be nine kinds of fun when they're in the same room.
Indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »

:D This team is just so dysfunctional.

Dominique looked at the three exits, hands on her hips and left foot tapping the ground as she thought matters over. What even are the secondary systems, anyway? Well, it wasn't her job to know. She entered the secondary systems exit and looked around for any obvious problems, keeping the crowbar close at hand. Just in case something or someone needed to get hit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »

???
take take everything from the box, ask what she looks like, and get out of there.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2011, 06:37:57 pm »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique looked at the three exits, hands on her hips and left foot tapping the ground as she thought matters over. What even are the secondary systems, anyway? Well, it wasn't her job to know. She entered the secondary systems exit and looked around for any obvious problems, keeping the crowbar close at hand. Just in case something or someone needed to get hit.

You swap out the Arc welder for the crowbar as you walk down into the Secondary systems looking for water purification. It leads onto a series of catwalks over and through masses of heavy machines, the light here is dim and off color due to the thick coat of chemical grime over the lights. You stop at the intersections to read the marks every so often. [Intuition roll 5] Through a combination of squinting, scraping, and guesswork you make your way steadily towards the system you want without getting lost once. As you come to an intersection one left and a right (you think) away from the water backup systems you need, you feel something tickling the base of your neck. [Kinetics roll 5] You've always had a good head in a fight, something always tells you when the other person is about to make a move, and that something is telling you to get the hell down. You drop just as a prolonged burst of gunfire erupts behind you and a shower of sparks is struck ahead of you [Luck roll 3] You feel something strike across your back [Armor roll 4] Tearing the outside layer of the maintenance suit but skimming off without hitting you. You roll over so you can see you opponents, two mites, similar in attire to the one before, one of them is holding a smoking pistol while the other is holding a section of pipe. Both look stunned that you managed to get out of the way in time. [Mite Will rolls, 3-1, 5] The one with the pistol is totally surprised by the fact that you aren't dead yet and just stares at you, the one holding the pipe recovers in an instant and charges. You wonder if anyone else can possibly be having this shitty a day.

----

Character:Trol Grane

???
take take everything from the box, ask what she looks like, and get out of there.

You inquire as to what Sasha looks like [Speech roll 5] his jaw sets but he tells you. "She's 5'9 dark hair, dark skin. 155 pounds and athletic She has a scar underneath her left eye that reaches down to the point of her cheekbone." You nod thanks and offload the box, making the clothing into a bundle to conceal the pistol [Dex roll 4] as long as anyone isn't looking for it they probably won't find it. You slip the knife into a sheath on your calf [Dex roll 3+1 routine] checking to make sure you can draw it easily.  You should probably ditch most of the clothing you aren't going to wear soon though, walking around carrying the laundry of several different people is bound to attract attention. You get back in the elevator and prepare to leave.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:40:38 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 602