Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Named Adventuring Groups  (Read 583 times)

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
Named Adventuring Groups
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:57 am »

Pretty simple and probably been covered, but your adventurer and his allies should be given or assume a group name after awhile. I mean, we did just kill every dragon in existence. That's almost as good as throwing a ring into a volcano.

Won't really matter til allies are interesting, obviously, but The Bloody Furnaces need to get their credit.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Named Adventuring Groups
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:45:02 pm »

I'm guessing this is coming later in this arc, since it's really an adventurer based arc.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:14 am »

Yeah, I can't imagine it would be overlooked but I haven't seen anything specifically regarding this and just thought it could be mentioned.

The Fellowship is important.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

That idea has been on the dev pages for a while:
Your followers:
Having your own entity name for your group if you have a high enough profile (or before that, but nobody will care)
And it's also in the earlier Core elements:
Core24, ADVENTURER PARTIES, (Future): Create up to, say, 6 characters at once. These are controlled as with the dwarven raiding parties. If the scenarios are in, it can generate historical connections that explain why they are together. Could give your group a name, like the dwarf squads, and non-players could be admitted, as in the standard adventure mode 'join' option. Related to Core61.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu