Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: The DF Map Archive  (Read 78193 times)

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
DMFA Flash CMV Player now supports larger movies
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2008, 01:41:39 pm »

2008-08-09

• Uploaded new version of CMV Flash Player (again, thanks to gonbon)
  • Flash player now resizes itself to support larger movies (width and height) recorded with the new release of Dwarf Fortress
  • Removed endless list of movies alongside ungrouped movie clips.
  • If you enter in the name of the fort or the world a clip was recorded when you upload then movies with the same name will be grouped

The battle continued against spam. I'm working on a CMV Editor (preview) . I made reasonable progress with the isometric viewer last week.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF Map Archive
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2008, 07:17:33 pm »

Neat!  Glad the community is on top of new feature bug fixing as well as Toady is!  I haven't even gotten around to playing 39f and you guys have already done a lot to accommodate the resizing feature.

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2008, 03:13:37 pm »

I was wondering if I could make a request for the Map Archive?  I have no idea if its difficult or not, but I would appreciate it if there was some manner to find good maps, perhaps maps that have been favorited a lot or ones that have a few updates or maybe have a rateing system so one could search for five star maps or whatever.  (There are alot of starting maps, which can be interesting but still, its a pain to wade through 'em all)

Anyways thanks for all your hard work, im over there all the time.

Cheers.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:01 pm »

I second that,

a favorites or rating system for both maps an movies would be awesome.

By the way. I haven't figured out yet what the (+1), (+2), (+3), (+4) aside from each map or comment link means. At first I thought it was some sort of rating system.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2008, 12:00:27 pm »

Hey Jingles and Zemat, not checked the forums in a while since they went down.

The DFMA's favourites system has been collecting data for some time now... I'll make a page to display the most popular items and add it under recent activity just after I've had some dinner.

I came here to post the following news:

2008-11-16

2008-10-26
  • Added a user profile page, for example: SergiusMaximus
    Name links around the site, on comments, maps, and recent activity will now take you to a user profile page showing stats and recent posts by that user.
    This is a good way to find out more about different users on the archive, whether they are registered, what their favourites are, and what their recent activity has been.

Kind regards,
- Markavian

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2008, 05:03:43 pm »

So after dinner two days later...

2008-11-18

Favourite map: Copperblazes - Copperblazes - 1070
Favourite movie: Body Part Explosion - "I had to kill off most of my animals because my FPS was suffering. I had an exec..."
Favourite point of interest: Greenhouse - It's really green! Made entirely of green glass.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2008, 08:52:36 am »

By the way. I haven't figured out yet what the (+1), (+2), (+3), (+4) aside from each map or comment link means. At first I thought it was some sort of rating system.
If you hover over the (+2) numbers it says "Consecutive comments" or "Consecutive points of interest". It means I've ommitted multiple results for the same map so you get more entries in the list rather then spam from the most recently active map/movie.

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2008, 07:12:51 am »

Hi, I'm having trouble uploading my map. I'm getting this error

Error uploading frm_mapFile (Chasmwalled-altregion3-450-35005.fdf-map), file type not allowed on server.

I searched the thread, but this hasn't been mentioned before. I'm on a mac, and used mono to run compressor 3.3.2. I'm not really sure why this is happening.

Edit: My friend, on a windows machine, was able to upload the exact same file without any trouble.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:20:50 am by roundedge »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2008, 04:22:43 pm »

I've had a very similar issue when trying to upload with Chrome, too.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2008, 07:33:36 pm »

I was using safari, I hadn't tried with firefox. Maybe that could be the issue?

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:04 pm »

I bet that'd be it- both Chrome and Safari use the webkit rendering engine last I checked, and they both have the same issue with the DFMA.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2008, 12:52:24 pm »

I'm not sure if I ever said how much I like and appreciate the Map archive Markavian but I do (I'm unbeltedsundew over there).

Anyways, it occured to me while uploading a recent site (and I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not) that it'd be nice to have some certain information.  Like what types of stone that are available on the map (from looking at the exposed rocks or gems and what not).  What types of wild life is there and so forth.  Certainly not required or even remotely necessary, but it would be a nice little extra feature for those of us obsessed.

-edit:  Oh I just noticed that you replyed to an earlier comment I made XD  Yeah I love the new list of favorites you put up there too, I keep refering to it as I build my forts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:54:19 pm by Jingles »

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:11 pm »

Hi, I'm having trouble uploading my map. I'm getting this error

Error uploading frm_mapFile (Chasmwalled-altregion3-450-35005.fdf-map), file type not allowed on server.

I searched the thread, but this hasn't been mentioned before. I'm on a mac, and used mono to run compressor 3.3.2. I'm not really sure why this is happening.

I bet that'd be it- both Chrome and Safari use the webkit rendering engine last I checked, and they both have the same issue with the DFMA.

A month late, sorry about the slow response. Sukasa is right, the webkit engines are causing the problem with the DFMA. When maps are uploaded via HTTP the map upload script checks the mime-type as well as the extention to see if it is allowed on the server. Webkit seems to strip out the mime-type for FDF-MAP files, I don't know why. I could fix the problem by allowing empty mime-types on the server, but this seems a step backwards rather then forwards. The error message you received would normally tell us the mime-type of the uploaded file; you can test it by uploading a JPG renamed to .FDF-MAP (hax). Anyhow, that's what the error is, I'm mindful of it at the moment - if more people are using Safari/Chrome and encounter the problem then I'll make allowances.

Best regards,
- Markavian
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:10:20 pm by Markavian »

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2009, 09:17:24 pm »

I'm not sure if I ever said how much I like and appreciate the Map archive Markavian but I do (I'm unbeltedsundew over there).

Anyways, it occured to me while uploading a recent site (and I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not) that it'd be nice to have some certain information.  Like what types of stone that are available on the map (from looking at the exposed rocks or gems and what not).  What types of wild life is there and so forth.  Certainly not required or even remotely necessary, but it would be a nice little extra feature for those of us obsessed.

Thanks for the kind words.
RE: Stone types - its possible to do some analysis of the maps and extract various facts and figures (based on SL's earlier image recognition work and subsequent map encoding changes), but any information we can gather is limited to what's in the exported bitmaps. For example, stone types ... really difficult. Ores alot easier since they usually have unique colours and patterns. Numbers of dwarves, number of trees - both possible, but a bit vague perhaps. I really need a long weekend to sit down and code up various statistics and make them available from the map viewer page. I think I could code them up as an additional information tab along side the map. I guess 'stay tuned' on this one... I'll think up something.

Regards,
- Markavian

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2009, 01:34:19 am »

Something's eluding me.

I have uploaded a new map in a series and wish for the POIs to carry over.  The POIs I had chosen were on 213 Mid-Summer and the new map was in 218 Mid-Summer.

So I choose to edit and set beginning and end point to the respective dates above.  But when I update, the change fails to carry.  If I try to edit the POI again, I find that both dates have been cleared.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14