Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Potash problem  (Read 890 times)

Gezol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Potash problem
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:00 pm »

I think this is a bug. It's possible I'm missing a step here and it needed to go into yet another container, but...

Basically, after an excruciatingly long, slow process, I finally managed to produce potash. It was carried into a bin in the bar/block stockpile. That seemed to be the final step, so I figure they'll be able to use it now, order the fields fertilized, and right away, they cancel the job because they can't find potash.

Assuming I'm not just missing something, I can send you the save if you need it.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Potash problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:15:00 pm »

If the potash is sitting happily in the bin it should be fine, unless it has already been taken by another fertilize job or if it is inaccessible to the farmer that decides to take the job or it's inaccessible to the farm plot.  If it doesn't seem like any of these things, you can go ahead and send it in.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Gezol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 01:40:00 am »

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I thought- what it was doing was automatically creating three fertilize field jobs and then canceling two of them because there was only one potash. After the first two got canceled, one of the dwarves did get the potash and carry out the job succesfully.

So, yeah. Sorry about the hasty bug report, though I don't know if it's supposed to automatically create three jobs...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:43:00 am »

Yeah, it's fairly dumb right now.  It doesn't even check.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!