Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Outpost Broker ignores labor designations, Trader  (Read 327 times)

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
[38c] Outpost Broker ignores labor designations, Trader
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

Possibly related to Bugs 000374, 000239?

My outpost broker, who is also the bookkeeper and manager (and WAS the Mayor), has decided that she is too good for her labor list and now does whatever she pleases.  Only jobs turned on are: Mining, Masonry, Health Care, Burial and Cleaning.  So far I've seen her do all the different hauling jobs.  If I turn off Mining, Masonry or any other job she'll still merrily run around doing those jobs as well.  Toggling the hauling jobs seems to have no effect.

This seemed to start around the same time as a goblin ambush which disrupted trading at the depot when the dwarfs were trading.  The ambush also caused the trader to move in, she is currently partying in the dining room.  The trader was following the broker around while the broker was happily pulling up plump helmets, and the trader ended up getting left behind when the caravan left.  The trader hasn't been left behind for a year yet, so I'm not sure if she'll leave when the next dwarven caravan shows up.  The meeting did finally get finished after most of a season with the trader following the broker around the map.

I have a save that is probably half a year or so after my broker went crazy, let me know if you want it.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Outpost Broker ignores labor designations, Trader
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:14:00 pm »

Sounds like a similar occurence like I had once.
A human merchant baron stayed around 1.5 years partying till he finally spoke to my fortress broker and left  :D

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

Does the save have the misbehaving former mayor?  I can take a look at that.  The meeting one is Bug 374ish as you noted and will be handled when I get there.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

Save can be found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=98

The "Embarker Leader" title is given to the dwarf who is misbehaving, that save has them performing Animal Hauling with the labor turned off.  As noted in the DFFD posting, I use the Mike Mayday edition (which I don't think makes a difference, but just in case it doesn't duplicate..).

Thanks!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

Ah, it was turning them into pseudo-nobles for the purposes of job assignment.  I've removed that now.  They might need some special treatment later on so that they make sure to hold meetings, but this was too broad.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!