Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Hunting bug that might actually not have been reported

(1/5) > >>

Lyrax:
My hunters got stuck hunting.They're just standing around (I think it's where the animals they were hunting got killed), but other hunters got to those animals first, and they can't cancel the hunting job until they kill something.  Or get thirsty.  Evidently, dwarves think hunting should only be a solitary activity, never undertaken in groups, and are disappointed that they, personally, never got to deliver a killing strike.I did a search for the bug, and while I know hunting is going to get revamped in the future, I wanted to make sure this bug gets pointed out.  It's not a crippling bug, nor is it likely to come up in many forts.  But it definitely is a bug, and when you look at hunting, see if you can fix this bug.This should be easily repeatable.  Set a whole bunch of dwarves on 'hunt', and get a limited supply of animals.  Pretty soon, they'll kill off the last few animals, and you may easily get the same result.  Multiple dwarves hunting the last creature on the map.I've heavily modded the civs of my game, and while I would be *extremely* surprised if that caused this bug, I unfortunately cannot upload my save without also uploading a freakton of .txt files, too.

Neskiairti:
there needs to be a "clear all commands" button.. O.o which would cause them to drop all held equipment and go to a default state doing nothing... for a second or two untill they find a new job

Derakon:
You can do that by activating them for the military and then deactivating them. It'll give them an unhappy thought if they have no military skills, but it'll also clear their current job.

Toady One:
I don't understand the bug yet.  Is the problem that they continue to hunt after all the animals are dead, they stop hunting properly if somebody gets a kill before they do, or that they all hunt a final creature?

Lyrax:
They continue to hunt after all the animals are dead.I noticed this when they all hunted the final creature, and one of them killed it.  The rest kept hunting.  Since there wasn't anything to hunt, they just stood in the same spot with the job 'Hunt' for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version