Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hunting bug that might actually not have been reported  (Read 40583 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting bug that might actually not have been reported
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

Look at the date of the post before yours, you necroed a really old thread.

Seriously though, you'd be better off making a thread in the DF questions section.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 11:11:09 am »

Generally, posting in topics where the last post is older than something like a month is frowned upon. This is called necroing. (Necromancy = giving life to a dead body, topics that are very old are called dead) Don't do it, it is annoying and generally frowned upon.

(Also, this board isn't really meant to be active anymore because we now have the much more efficient bug tracker. I don't actually understand why this board hasn't been locked anyway.)
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

This thread is still somewhat active.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 04:11:53 pm »

This thread is still somewhat active.
Not exactly active. It actually falls within the criteria I described.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »

It may be old, but I wouldn't consider replies to it "necroing" because it's a general-purpose discussion thread, it's sticked, and it's one way for people to request a bug report to be reopened. As far as I know, SMF doesn't have a way to restrict posting in a subforum to a specific thread (short of moving that thread to another subforum and locking this subforum).
Anyway, the post that started this should be posted in either the DF Gameplay Questions subforum or the DF Dwarf Mode Discussion subforum.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 08:01:14 am »

To be honest, I thought that "ancient necro" was some sort of a metal he mentioned that was super rare.  :o
Pages: 1 [2]