Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your first Dwarven death!  (Read 1927 times)

L0rd_ZOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your first Dwarven death!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 12:51:05 am »

Giant Eagle.

I imagine it was something like this except on land....Also with a party of seven confused screaming drunken dwarves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 01:35:37 am »

For me, my first fortress casualty was a hunter who tried hunting a cougar. The next couple of hunters eventually killed that cougar, I think. The next wave of deaths came from a small goblin ambush. I think the first death was from one of the less-trained dwarves being knocked to the ground, surrounded, and stabbed to death by goblins.

The most memorable death from that ambush was one of the squad leaders (I think). They had slightly better equipment than the regular troops. I had ordered a retreat to the trap lines (I had sent my small force out to meet the goblins just a little bit outside of my marksdwarves range, since it seemed they needed some coaxing) after the fight started turning sour. The better part of the squad was making their way to safety, but the squad leader was fighting off a handful of goblins by herself. After killing one or two and wounding a couple others, she leveled up to a champion. She lived to kill one or two more of the goblins before succumbing to all the stabs. One of the goblins she wounded had a red spine injury and was bleeding out. It managed to crawl away from it's group halfway across the map before it finally died.

My most recent fort deaths were from me sending out my small military in the 2010 version to fight a goblin seige. They brought a cave crocodile with them. Almost all of them died. The save file has their corpses still cluttering the drawbridge. I don't think I have enough room in the graveyard to hold all of them.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 02:00:18 am »

My first dwarf death. There was a mood, I didnt know what it was at all at the time, whenever I got the announcement I ignored it, and one of the dwarfs went berserk, he was my first death, sent in my three soldiers, I think they had wooden weapons (I didnt even learn how to forge yet). I also think I should add that when the dwarf berserked I didnt know he was unsaveable (have had tantrums) and thought he might be okay eventually, but decided to enact capital punishment for his crimes. Ten minutes later the goblins came and killed every single dwarf.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:28 am »

I don't remember the first one; there have been too many. Going by the numbers, almost certainly, Urist McStandsinthewrongplace died in a cavein.

The first one I remember was an axedwarf who got dragged into the river by a lamprey.

Malkire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 04:05:53 am »

Winter, first year. The mason decided to haul furniture rather than build a wall to block off the hole I made into a cavern, a troll made a juicy snack of my miners. Fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]