Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: LCS 4.03.1 Download  (Read 24383 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.03.1 Download
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 03:37:56 pm »

Do you mean seeing SWAT teams on the map during a siege? You can see them with if you're defending your own base, the power is on, and you have security cameras. I have heard tell that the police cut the power regularly, even if you have a generator, so it's possible a bug is preventing this from working.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »

So if the lights are cut, regular police siege the LCS safehouse?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2011, 05:24:10 pm »

Do you mean seeing SWAT teams on the map during a siege? You can see them with if you're defending your own base, the power is on, and you have security cameras. I have heard tell that the police cut the power regularly, even if you have a generator, so it's possible a bug is preventing this from working.
No, I mean that  in past versions, you could see the "Conservative Reinforcements" moveing around with they were in eyesite. Now, it's back to random encounters.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:10 am »

No, I mean that  in past versions, you could see the "Conservative Reinforcements" moveing around with they were in eyesite. Now, it's back to random encounters.

Oh, yes. I did do that, now that you mention it. Sieges still use the units moving around, but reinforcements are random encounters. The reason is that the pathfinding is non-existent, so they just milled around stupidly at the entrance. That's good enough for a siege, but for the reinforcements on site, it lets you loot the entire building without encounters before facing a solid wall of ten zillion SWAT teams at the entrance. That was pretty lame.

I know being able to see them is cool, but we'd need some proper pathfinding to make it work in the general case, by enabling the SWAT teams and the like to come after you.

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2011, 04:34:11 am »

Can you change the siege system back?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2011, 05:10:19 am »

Back from what? It's the same as I always remember it.

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2011, 05:31:42 am »

so i don't have to buy food and wait

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:48 am »

Then engage them from the start. Jonathan mentioned making sallying forth not such a suicide move.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2011, 03:32:53 pm »

Then engage them from the start. Jonathan mentioned making sallying forth not such a suicide move.

Not yet, I still have to do that, but I'm planning to. I'm actually reinstalling Visual Studio now; it's finals week of my last week of college, and I'm ready to jump back into development. My first step is to clean up the latest release of LCS, dealing with known major issues (this being the biggest one), then I'm going to focus on the Zombie game.

I'm not planning to revert sieges; just change the balance so that it's an interesting choice instead of "Would you like to die?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:36:04 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

I've never really had much problems with sieges. Even the military were pushovers to my squad of low skilled people.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »

I've never really had much problems with sieges. Even the military were pushovers to my squad of low skilled people.

My concern isn't with the balance once they enter your base, really. The main change is just to take away the first strike ability they have when you leave the base.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2011, 07:17:26 pm »

Yeah, I'd rather not walk out into a firing squad before getting a chance to take a shot. If they're that prepared for you to exit, YOU should be that prepared for you to exit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »

Maybe there could be a "Rig compound with secret exit" option in the "Invest in this location" thingy?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »

Hello!

When on a trial, we should be able to choose which one of our sleeper lawyer will represent us, solving what I call the Magikarp lawyer (awesome stats, low skill, so more skilled lawyers but with lower stats end up representing you. Would not be a problem, except that in the long run, the less skilled but more intelligent lawyer has a higher skill cap, and so could be better, if we could put him to training.). They should still roll against their effectiveness, but choosing ourselves between those who pass it would be great IMO.

Thanks!

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:43 am »

I think we should also be able to send sleepers to university, and in there free time, maybe once a week they could take part in active LCS actions.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9